+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remote Work Experience in Canada

t6e4m8

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Hi everyone,

I have a few concerns...I'm on Post Grad Work Permit. Will be working part-time at home in Alberta using Zoom as a middle school tutor for an Ontario-based tutoring school. Work skill type is B.

1: Does this remote work experience qualify for CEC and Federal Skilled worker class?

2: When I apply for PR (If I got chosen), are T4 and pay stub required documents besides an employment letter? Will it hurt my PR if I don't submit them? Because If I was paid cash or email transfer for this job, T4 and pay stub may not be available...

3: For the Federal Skilled Class EE, can I combine part-time and full-time experience together? Can there be gaps between different jobs?

Many thanks!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
1. Yes, if you're in Canada working for a Canadian employer.
2. You need proof you worked in a skilled NOC for at least 1,560 hours spread over at least 52 weeks.
3. You can combine full-time and part-time experience for the CEC. You would not apply as a federal skilled worker unless you do so now based on already having enough qualifying foreign work experience. Once you get a year of Canadian skilled work experience you cannot apply through FSW, you must go through the CEC.

t6e4m8

Star Member
Aug 3, 2019
Alberta, Canada
1. Yes, if you're in Canada working for a Canadian employer.
2. You need proof you worked in a skilled NOC for at least 1,560 hours spread over at least 52 weeks.
3. You can combine full-time and part-time experience for the CEC. You would not apply as a federal skilled worker unless you do so now based on already having enough qualifying foreign work experience. Once you get a year of Canadian skilled work experience you cannot apply through FSW, you must go through the CEC.
Hi, thank you for the prompt reply!
Regarding your 2nd answer, I will be providing an Employment Letter which will state the wage, hours worked and duties, etc. Are T4 and pay stub still required though? If the employer pays cash, there may not be tax documents for me to use...