+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Remark Success rate

strawy96

May 14, 2019
After 22 days of receiving an acknowledgement, I got a mail from BC stating my score remains unchanged in speaking at 6.5. My LRW scores are 9,9 and 7 respectively. It was my first and last attempt in ielts. Will try celpip next time or go for pnp route.
Don't give up on IELTS. I wrote twice before getting my desired band score.

Just give yourself enough preparation time and since it's speaking, get a partner you can practice with. Then you refire and I'm sure you'll smash it.

Owzed

Jun 2, 2019
Hello guys, please I checked and saw that my writing score has been increased online, but my centre haven't notified me yet. Please, what does that mean

Lizzybenzo

Nov 27, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I have been silently watching this page and today I'm finally done with IELTS. Yaay!

Since January, I have done IELTS exam six times, and each time I get 6.5 in writing while the rest I get 8 or sometimes 9.

I even did remark for 4 of them and didn't get an increase. I actually wrote with both IDP and BC. I was really frustrated because I'm from an English speaking country; I have never spoken any language other than English so I didn't understand why I was getting 6.5 every time. I couldn't take it any longer so I hired a tutor for 2 hours. I went to meet him along with my essays and after his review, I found out that I didn't have issues with grammar and the rest. The only problem I had was not including more points in my essay. I was skeptical about this because I thought if I go beyond 290, it would reduce my score. I took the exam again and provided 3 solid points which made my essay to be 323 and my writing task 1 209.
Today, I got my result:
L - 8.5
R - 9
W - 7.5
S - 8
While registering for the IELTS tho, I selected employment reason instead of immigration but I don't think it makes any difference because I tried it before and I got 6.5.

I just want to share my experience as some people's problem might be just writing one point especially when the essay is about discussing both views.
This is the end of IELTS for me and I wish you guys luck :)

andreiger

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Netherlands
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2019
Hello guys, please I checked and saw that my writing score has been increased online, but my centre haven't notified me yet. Please, what does that mean
Your score has increased so you've been successful with the EOR!! Congrats!
Now tell me please where did you check online more specifically? here: https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CandidatePortal ??
I'm refreshing that page like crazy everyday. The waiting nightmare continues :p

Umera

Apr 7, 2017
Hi everyone, I had applied for remark for both writing and speaking and I received my EOR result after 17 days through email today that my writing score remain unchanged that is 6.5 and my speaking score changed from 7 to 7.5. Although I will get my refund but I wanted 7 in writing...I want to ask whether can I further appeal for my writing score to British Council to recheck as I got 7.5 in writing in my previous attempt....please kindly advise.

andreiger

Star Member
Apr 29, 2019
Netherlands
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2019
The waiting has ended guys!
And the big news just arrived via email, the W band score increased from 6.5 to 7!!!
Be patient and go for EOR if you are in my case. I was though kinda confident I deserve a 7 despite some minor mistakes.
Good luck to all of u!! :D

nisarg22

Jun 23, 2019
Hi guys. Need your help..
I have given my IELTS (IDP-pen and paper) on 27th July. Received my scores today.
L/R/W/S - 9/8.5/6.5/7.5
I am not satisfied with my writing score as need at least 0.5 band more.
Should I opt for an EOR? I scored 7 in writing before in IDP (that too in Academic module).
Should I wait for the TRF hard copy to arrive or should I apply immediately as this will again postpone my process? As it says that the final score will be as mentioned on TRF? Can there be any such discrepancy between online score and TRF?

Thanks in advance buddies..

Ramanbatth

Jul 28, 2019
Got my result today.....india....L 8 R 8.5 S 8 and W 6.5.......last time got 6 in writing then after eor they made it 6.5.This time hoping to get 7 by eor.