+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

relocation

elifkitapci

Jul 20, 2009
Hi;

I have some other questions/concerns about relocating. The company I am working for is closing the office in Edmonton and sending me back home, to Turkey. I know that after the medical exam is processed and CIC Buffalo thinks there is no health concern, they send me a letter saying that I have to go through an interview.
Since I will no longer be in Canada, (I am going to be leaving by the end of the month) will it be better to change my home address to the one in Turkey instead of getting a mailbox here in Edmonton?
If I have a mailbox here, wouldn't CIC Buffalo assume I would still be in Canada? Hence, I should have an interivew in Canada?
If I change it to my home address in Turkey, would they still ask me to come to Canada for an interview since this was the place where I sent my application first? Or, would they see that I am in Turkey, therefore, my interview should take place in Turkey?

Thank you so much

Elif

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call CIC and ask them. I personally think it would be better to let them know you are moving back to Turkey and to change your mailing address in case they need to reach you. I have no idea when the interview will take place or if they even have to have one. One question though, if your CEC is close to getting completed, maybe you could wait for it in Canada instead of going back. It seems like a lot of hassle to move back if your PR is coming through maybe in 1 or 2 months time.