+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Relative's Spouse's "Income statement" slip?

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Can VO ask for Relative's Spouse's T4 slip during IN PROCESS?
Under which circumstances?
Why wouldn't this be considered as an harassment?
Isnt this unfair to ask for someone's T4 slips and her/his income details? How can VO ask for it?

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
jnathan said:
Can VO ask for Relative's Spouse's T4 slip during IN PROCESS?
Under which circumstances?
Why wouldn't this be considered as an harassment?
Isnt this unfair to ask for someone's T4 slips and her/his income details? How can VO ask for it?
They can ask for anything that relates to the information provided to substantiate the claim and genuinness. Any minor doubt can put the case in the failed basked.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Remember, its the paper of my relative's spouse. its not easy/fair for me to ask for any papers to my relative's spouse; I can ask anything to provide me from my relative.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jnathan said:
Remember, its the paper of my relative's spouse. its not easy/fair for me to ask for any papers to my relative's spouse; I can ask anything to provide me from my relative.
Dear Jnathan,

Isn't the relative's "spouse" your relative too? If u claim adaptibility points for her how does CIC ascertain her current residence proof & finworth? She being married it's obvious that they'd ask for the T4 of her hubby. And u r not alone... this occurred with many applicants before.

Qorax
________________________________________________________________________________
Ps.: This is in reply to your PM as well.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
What if my relative's spouse declines to provide me with his/her T4 ?
Reasons could be , my relative's spouse wants to keep his/her income matters secret from my relative and/or I have a very cold relation with my relative's spouse.

The most important thing is that my Relative is not taking any form of social aid from Canadian government, neither does my relative's spouse.
How can I explain these things to the VO.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jnathan said:
What if my relative's spouse declines to provide me with his/her T4 ?
Reasons could be , he wants to keep his/her income matters secret from my relative, I have a very cold relation with him/her.

How can I explain these things to the VO.
Then be candid... Write the same to your VO, as u posted here.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a relative you are using for points? The only criteria is that the relative is truly your relative, is a PR or citizen and resides in Canada. I am sure that your relative can think of other proof of living in Canada than a T4 but I do not really see any reason why CIC would ask for the T4 of your relatives spouse. After all, the spouse living in Canada does not prove that your relative is living in Canada.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
My Relative's Bank statement TAX papers have already been provided to VO a fortnight ago. now VO wants relative's spouse's T4. this is utterly ridiculous. seeking advices from you all ! why would me relative's spouse disclose his T4 matters to me?

I wonder the next thing is to ask of my Relative's kid's personal records- how many diapers it uses per day. weird weird weird ! Totally irrelevant.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suggest you ask the VO why your relatives spouses T4 is needed and that your relatives spouse is refusing to provide. This really has no bearing on you getting points for your relative.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jnathan said:
My Relative's Bank statement TAX papers have already been provided to VO a fortnight ago. now VO wants relative's spouse's T4. this is utterly ridiculous. seeking advices from you all ! why would me relative's spouse disclose his T4 matters to me?

I wonder the next thing is to ask of my Relative's kid's personal records- how many diapers it uses per day. weird weird weird ! Totally irrelevant.
As leon has already stated, I think your best bet would be to write the IO and state clearly that your relatives are not ready to release/provide the requested T4 papers. Also state in the letter what is in the Op6e.pdf and your visa office specific docs with regards to the documents that are required for relatives and that no such document is written there. ( unless I have an older version of the OP6e.pdf)
I personally would not know why an IO would request such a document from the relatives spouse, unless the IO has a specific doubt in his mind.

Also send a message to PMM and see what he has got to add.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

BobbyB said:
As leon has already stated, I think your best bet would be to write the IO and state clearly that your relatives are not ready to release/provide the requested T4 papers. Also state in the letter what is in the Op6e.pdf and your visa office specific docs with regards to the documents that are required for relatives and that no such document is written there. ( unless I have an older version of the OP6e.pdf)
I personally would not know why an IO would request such a document from the relatives spouse, unless the IO has a specific doubt in his mind.

Also send a message to PMM and see what he has got to add.
To show the relative has an employer in Canada, and is working, which means they are residing there.

arlnr

Star Member
Mar 25, 2010
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009
Doc's Request.
June2009
Nomination.....
July 2009
AOR Received.
July 2009
IELTS Request
August 2009
File Transfer...
In process Since March 11 2010
Med's Request
Feb 8 2012
Med's Done....
March 27 2012 and received April 2 2012
Interview........
November 29 2011
Passport Req..
May 28 2012
HI
Jonathan Pls be cool & be practical
Your file is in process now so you should submit whatever they wants about your relative for the sake of your approval to avail the adaptability points
I think this is essential for u to get approval of medical.
In my case I am the main applicant and i availed that point as of my Spouse Uncle so he is related to me as uncle in law.
In that situation i also request and submit his T4 slip as per VO's requirement. so far so good I am now staked in "in process" as of their e-cas since march 11, 2010

Arlnr

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
arlnr

in my case I am not claiming points from my relative's spouse, rather from my relative.
You must be able to segregate this. My relative's spouse's T4 has nothing do with my claim of points from my relative.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
HI

To show the relative has an employer in Canada, and is working, which means they are residing there.
The relative has already provided her T4. Now the VO wants to see the T4 of the relatives husband which the husband is not willing to provide. As far as I know, it is not a requirement that the husband of the relative lives in Canada. Why would they need the T4 of the relatives husband?

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Leon

My relative has not been working for some medical grounds for the last 2 yrs but living on spouse's earning.
The most Important thing is neither my relative nor relative's spouse has ever taken any form of social aid.
I did provide my relative's income tax report to VO when my relative last quit the job in 2009 before fall in sickness.