Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
planning on July 2011
hi! i just registered in this site and i'm hoping that some of you could give me answers too.

I'm a RN here in Philippines for 5 years now. I have recently received an approval of my canadian immigration application. Hopefully, I'll have my visa in my hands by January 2010. I am planning to leave for Canada on May 2011 (just in time for spring and won't have to deal with the cold).

Here's my situation:
I want to work and live (long-term) in Ontario. So, I'm planning to register as RN with CNO while I'm still here in Philippines. My only relative (cousin) in Canada is in Nova Scotia. In my visa application, I entered NOVA SCOTIA as my destination. The plan was that I stay with my cousin for a while since i won't have a job and can't afford to live on my own when i get there. But, lately I'm planning to move to Ontario with a friend who's migrating to Canada too. If possible, we're planning to go straight to Ontario, instead of me living with my cousin since my only reason for staying with her was because I didn't know anyone i could stay with if I got to On.

my questions are:
1. Do I have to go to NOVA SCOTIA when I enter in Canada since it's where i said (in my application) i would be going? Would it be stated in my Landing Visa? A friend told me it's a must. I'm not sure.

2. If I have to go to Nova Scotia (initially), where do I land? Is there an International Airport in N.S? I haven't bought my ticket yet, so I would need assistance to know where I'd be flying to exactly.

3. How long does it usually take CNO to send back the Verification of Registration and Verification of Employment forms after I send my initial assessment package to them?

I hope someone can enlighten me. Thank you! :)

elmo_25

Star Member
Dec 7, 2010
I think pen is correct baby, you can land anywhere in Canada except Quebec...I have no idea too about your 3rd question. My suggestion is to visit the 3152 Reg. Nurse Category in this forum but not the strictly english one or you ask the Qorax...

pocoyo

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Ontario
I am currently in the process of completing my registration at CNO, they send back the Verification of Registration and Verification of Employment forms after about a 1.5 month.

baby_gurl

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Malaybalay City
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
September 2010
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
planning on July 2011
pentouch said:
you can land anywhere, not necessarily in nova scotia.

so, it doesn't matter which province is stated in my application and landing visa?

thank you for the response :)

baby_gurl

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Malaybalay City
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
September 2010
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
planning on July 2011
thanks elmo and pocoyo for the infos :)

but if ever i do need to go to N.S., where do you suggest i land from Philippines?

FARPADANA

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
london
App. Filed.......
april 2009
Med's Request
10/05/2010-24/08/2010
Med's Done....
15/09/2010
Passport Req..
23/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2010
LANDED..........
20/08/2011
baby_gurl said:
so, it doesn't matter which province is stated in my application and landing visa?

thank you for the response :)
you may land anywhere but Quebec.
but you better to start you application with CNO asap to get their reply before landing. I did so, going to land in summer and awaiting CNO assessment.
so before landing do the assessment with CNO and get a fresh IELTS.
GOOD LUCK.

Promised

Aug 4, 2010
To Pocoyo,
As you have mentioned, you are in the process of completing your registration with CNO. I have a question for you, since you haven't landed yet, what did you use as a proof of immigration status? CNO is requiring PR card or landed papers as a proof? Can I send a copy of the passport with visa stamped on it? If it's not too much for you, can you share some of the steps that you already did. I want to start the registration for Sept 2011 LPN exam and the deadline for submission of requirements is on first week of July 2011 which is the time that we are planning to land. Thank you in advance. May the Lord prosper all your plans.

From, Promised

MCBoy

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Do I have to go to NOVA SCOTIA when I enter in Canada since it's where i said (in my application) i would be going? Would it be stated in my Landing Visa? A friend told me it's a must. I'm not sure.
It would be better if you stay with your cousin for the first few days/weeks, if you are comfortable, so that you will not need to face the harsh impact the first time you land in a foreign country. It is NOT a necessity. You can land anywhere.

2. If I have to go to Nova Scotia (initially), where do I land? Is there an International Airport in N.S? I haven't bought my ticket yet, so I would need assistance to know where I'd be flying to exactly.
Halifax. Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ).

3. How long does it usually take CNO to send back the Verification of Registration and Verification of Employment forms after I send my initial assessment package to them?
The total process takes about 1 yr, to get completely registered. You would also need proof of PR.

pocoyo

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Ontario
Promised said:
To Pocoyo,
As you have mentioned, you are in the process of completing your registration with CNO. I have a question for you, since you haven't landed yet, what did you use as a proof of immigration status? CNO is requiring PR card or landed papers as a proof? Can I send a copy of the passport with visa stamped on it? If it's not too much for you, can you share some of the steps that you already did. I want to start the registration for Sept 2011 LPN exam and the deadline for submission of requirements is on first week of July 2011 which is the time that we are planning to land. Thank you in advance. May the Lord prosper all your plans.

From, Promised
Hi Promised, Right after we collected out passport with VISA, I sent a photocopy of my VISA to CNO. Then I received a letter requiring us PR card or landed papers as a proof to submit. Just last week, we sent a letter saying that we have not landed yet and our plan is to land in March. To date, I have not received any reply from them yet. Thanks.

Pocoyo

baby_gurl

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Malaybalay City
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
September 2010
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
planning on July 2011
MCBoy said:
It would be better if you stay with your cousin for the first few days/weeks, if you are comfortable, so that you will not need to face the harsh impact the first time you land in a foreign country. It is NOT a necessity. You can land anywhere.

Halifax. Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ).

The total process takes about 1 yr, to get completely registered. You would also need proof of PR.

okay. thanks! but what i would like to know with regards to question number 3 is after i send my the application package back to CNO, about how long will it take for me to receive the Verification of Registration (for the licensing authority) and Verification of Employment (for my employer) forms? i would just like to know coz with my employer, our chief nurse and supervisor has not experienced filling up such forms and she has agreed that we both fill it out since we have to go through my number of hours experience in the hospital manually. and with that, it would be faster to send back the form to CNO rather than rely it all to our chief nurse/supervisor. It is afterall not a priority for them. I am planning to send my application for RN registration to CNO this coming January and I'm leaving for Canada 1st or 2nd week of May.

I would just like to know when they might send those forms after the receipt of my application? Would they forms arrive before I leave for Canada?

And with the question above regarding proof of PR. I'll receive my visa next month maybe. Should i wait and send a copy of it as my proof of PR/immigration together with my application for registration? Or can I just send the proof later?

Thank you for the answers :)

baby_gurl

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Malaybalay City
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
September 2010
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
planning on July 2011
pocoyo said:
Hi Promised, Right after we collected out passport with VISA, I sent a photocopy of my VISA to CNO. Then I received a letter requiring us PR card or landed papers as a proof to submit. Just last week, we sent a letter saying that we have not landed yet and our plan is to land in March. To date, I have not received any reply from them yet. Thanks.

Pocoyo

How about you call CNO directly? I have tried emailing CNO for some inquiries. They have only responded to one of them and it took them almost a month to write back.

Did you send your application forms to CNO already? and are you just going to send the rest of the lacking requirements? or are you waiting to complete all the requirements before sending it with the application forms to CNO?

pocoyo

Star Member
Sep 21, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Ontario
baby_gurl said:
How about you call CNO directly? I have tried emailing CNO for some inquiries. They have only responded to one of them and it took them almost a month to write back.

Did you send your application forms to CNO already? and are you just going to send the rest of the lacking requirements? or are you waiting to complete all the requirements before sending it with the application forms to CNO?
I have sent my application already plus the corresponding papers from my school, current and former employer, nursing registration from PRC and Singapore Nursing Board and IELTS results (All sent from the document sources). All I am waiting is for them to say that all my requirements are already complete. However just a few days ago I received a letter saying that I still lack some course description. Need to verify with my school.

baby_gurl

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Malaybalay City
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
September 2010
Med's Done....
October 2010
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting
LANDED..........
planning on July 2011
pocoyo said:
I have sent my application already plus the corresponding papers from my school, current and former employer, nursing registration from PRC and Singapore Nursing Board and IELTS results (All sent from the document sources). All I am waiting is for them to say that all my requirements are already complete. However just a few days ago I received a letter saying that I still lack some course description. Need to verify with my school.

yeah, they need course descriptions too. i even requested course description from the other schools i have attended even when i only had minor subjects with them for a couple of sem, and just one sem with another university. just to be sure i don't lack anything and also i would have better chances of not having to do further studies... especially for some minor subjects. ::)

i took my IELTS last April 2010. i have recently called CNO and was informed that they now accept general training ielts too (which is what i took) and that it doesn't have to be less than 6 months old result. I'm now wondering, what if my IELTS result would be more than a year old before they'll say that i have completed all my requirements for assessment, does that mean i have to retake IELTS? or do they consider it a valid requirement upon receipt even if the necessary documents are incomplete for processing?

peanuts

Sep 11, 2010
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
november 2009 to NS, may 2010 to VO
Doc's Request.
february 2010
AOR Received.
february 16, 2010; may 26, 2010
IELTS Request
copy submitted to CIO with initial app
File Transfer...
february 2010
Med's Request
august 2010
Med's Done....
august 18-19, 2010- med done: august 23- sent
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 22-received; october 1-sent; october 27- DM
VISA ISSUED...
visa received nov 11, 2010
LANDED..........
June 02, 2011 thank you God...
baby_gurl said:
yeah, they need course descriptions too. i even requested course description from the other schools i have attended even when i only had minor subjects with them for a couple of sem, and just one sem with another university. just to be sure i don't lack anything and also i would have better chances of not having to do further studies... especially for some minor subjects. ::)

i took my IELTS last April 2010. i have recently called CNO and was informed that they now accept general training ielts too (which is what i took) and that it doesn't have to be less than 6 months old result. I'm now wondering, what if my IELTS result would be more than a year old before they'll say that i have completed all my requirements for assessment, does that mean i have to retake IELTS? or do they consider it a valid requirement upon receipt even if the necessary documents are incomplete for processing?
hi baby gurl! :D hope your queries will be answered coz we do have the same concerns. i'm planning to send the assessment package to CNO by 2011, but my IELTS was done august 2009. will they still consider my IELTS? it's the academic category and got an over-all score of 7 (8-listening,8-reading,7-writing and 7.5-speaking)