+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding request letter for Hong Kong Police Certificate (CNCC)

vindwarrior

Jun 9, 2020
The request letter provided by IRCC to obtain the CNCC (Certificate of No Criminal Conviction aka Police Certificate) from Hong Kong police does not have a postal address to which it needs to be sent. The HK Police website mentions it clearly (in BOLD) that a postal address is required so that they can mail it to the concerned office. They also mention that they will not give the CNCC to the applicant personally.

I uploaded an explanation letter asking the IRCC to provide me a new request letter with the postal address, but they have again given me a new request letter with no postal address. I am confused about how to proceed.

Is it a given that the Hong Kong Police will send the CNCC to the Canadian Consulate in Hong Kong by default? Is that why the request letter from IRCC don't have any postal address? If not, what should I do? I have booked an appointment with the HK Police to submit my application and it is on June 18.

vindwarrior

Jun 9, 2020
The address is

Regular mail :
ATTN: EE Registry Case Processing Agent
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
CIO Correspondence
PO BOX 8400
Sydney, NS B1P 0G6
Canada

Courier:
ATTN: EE Registry Case Processing Agent
CIO Correspondence
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS B1P 5Z2
Canada

Use the webform to request a new letter. Do not upload an LOE where the PCC would go, upload the receipt you'll receive from HK police there instead. The request letter definitely has the address on it.
can you please provide me a link to the webform?
PS: I uploaded the LOE to the slot where the PCC would go. I hope it is not critical! This is how I have communicated with them till now when I needed other request letters (I needed PCCs from some other countries too).

EssT

Jan 8, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I applied for my Hong Kong Police Certificate with HK Police in April. I got in touch with them yesterday and they told me that the certificate is ready, but hasn't been shipped out due to the HK Air Mail not working (due to covid-19). I asked the HKPF if I can send it via private courier, and they said I can arrange a DHL/Fedex pickup from the HK police HQ.
Have any of you guys had any experience in doing so - sending out the police certificate through courier? Is it the right thing to do? What phone number should I use to put in the Receiver's address (its a PO box address of the IRCC, so no phone number given). My deadline is 20 June, so I am kind of worried/desperate now.
I have already uploaded the receipt of my HK Police Certificate application alongwith an LOE on my IRCC account yesterday, explaining them that it is delayed. I filled in an webform also explaining the situation. Should I be concerned, or is there anything more that I can do?

Thanks in advance.
-Ess

alex_hk

Feb 7, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I applied for my Hong Kong Police Certificate with HK Police in April. I got in touch with them yesterday and they told me that the certificate is ready, but hasn't been shipped out due to the HK Air Mail not working (due to covid-19). I asked the HKPF if I can send it via private courier, and they said I can arrange a DHL/Fedex pickup from the HK police HQ.
Have any of you guys had any experience in doing so - sending out the police certificate through courier? Is it the right thing to do? What phone number should I use to put in the Receiver's address (its a PO box address of the IRCC, so no phone number given). My deadline is 20 June, so I am kind of worried/desperate now.
I have already uploaded the receipt of my HK Police Certificate application alongwith an LOE on my IRCC account yesterday, explaining them that it is delayed. I filled in an webform also explaining the situation. Should I be concerned, or is there anything more that I can do?

Thanks in advance.
-Ess
Exactly in the same boat. You should arrange for it to be delivered by courier. I just filled in the IRCC customer service number as recipient's contact number, and it did not cause any trouble.

Reactions: EssT

immi_hk

Jul 6, 2020
Exactly in the same boat. You should arrange for it to be delivered by courier. I just filled in the IRCC customer service number as recipient's contact number, and it did not cause any trouble.
Hi Alex, I am in the same situation. Have IRCC confirmed that they received your HKPCC yet?

EssT

Jan 8, 2020
Hi Alex, I am in the same situation. Have IRCC confirmed that they received your HKPCC yet?
Hi @alex_hk and @immi_hk
I sent out my fedex through and as per fedex's tracking, it has been delivered at IRCC address. Now, I am waiting on some sort of confirmation from IRCC that the PCC was received. Probably you guys are also in the same boat.
Will post an update here if I get any info.

Reactions: immi_hk

immi_hk

Jul 6, 2020
Hey @immi_hk @alex_hk - I am trying to find out where to get the CNCC document? how did you guys get the letter from the consulate general?
Hi. You can apply for the CNCC through Hong Kong Police Force. Here is the link that you can refer to.
https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/11_useful_info/cert_no_crime.html

You'll need to obtain an official request letter for the Hong Kong Police Certificate from IRCC, with your name and a IRCC mailing address clearly stated on it, since the HK Police Force will mail the CNCC directly to IRCC. Currently, the HK Police Force has a special arrangement for the CNCC to be delivered by courier in response to the service disruption of Hong Kong Post due to the pandemic. So, instead of using the regular airmail service, you may pay and have a courier arranged to pick up your CNCC from Hong Kong Police Force. Please contact Hong Kong Police Force for the detailed instructions of such arrangement.

Good luck!

Last edited:

immi_hk

Jul 6, 2020
Hey @immi_hk @alex_hk - I am trying to find out where to get the CNCC document? how did you guys get the letter from the consulate general?
To obtain the request letter, try raise a webform if you have already submitted your application; otherwise, when you received ITA, you will see a customized document checklist, and instead of uploading a CNCC, upload a letter of explanation and specifically ask IRCC to provide the aforementioned request letter. When they are reviewing the R10 completeness of you application, the VO will issue the request letter through your email or the application portal.

kdub

Jul 13, 2020
Thanks @immi_hk thank you for the response, the problems I’m having is trying to find out how to get the IRCC, I can’t find anywhere to get it and the gov.ca website is just endless circles.

kdub

Jul 13, 2020
I mean finding the web form LOL it’s just endless circles for me, and I can never find the IRCC - I know how we get the CNCC, but we require the IRCC to obtain the CNCC, you don’t happen to remember how you managed to obtain it do you?

immi_hk

Jul 6, 2020
Hi @alex_hk and @immi_hk
I sent out my fedex through and as per fedex's tracking, it has been delivered at IRCC address. Now, I am waiting on some sort of confirmation from IRCC that the PCC was received. Probably you guys are also in the same boat.
Will post an update here if I get any info.
Hi EssT, which IRCC address did you use? And how long did it take for the whole process?
Thanks!

EssT

Jan 8, 2020
Hi EssT, which IRCC address did you use? And how long did it take for the whole process?
Thanks!
Hi,
For my Fedex, I used the address given in my letter:

ATTN: EE Registry
Case Processing Agent
CIO – Correspondence
PO BOX 8400
Sydney, NS
B1P 0G6
Canada

But I have later realised that the IRCC has given a separate address for COURIER, and the above one was for Regular Mail only. Courier address is -
Case Processing Agent
CIO-Correspondence
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Check in your letter to see what address is mentioned.

My Fedex reached in 3 days. Although the Fedex tracking details shows 'delivered', I am worried if there can be any issues because I sent a Courier to their Regular Mail address. :/

Thanks

jeffrey Yip

Star Member
Jun 20, 2018
Hi,
For my Fedex, I used the address given in my letter:

Case Processing Agent
CIO – Correspondence
PO BOX 8400
Sydney, NS
B1P 0G6
Canada

But I have later realised that the IRCC has given a separate address for COURIER, and the above one was for Regular Mail only. Courier address is -
Case Processing Agent
CIO-Correspondence
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2
Canada

Check in your letter to see what address is mentioned.

My Fedex reached in 3 days. Although the Fedex tracking details shows 'delivered', I am worried if there can be any issues because I sent a Courier to their Regular Mail address. :/

Thanks
hi i really need your help. how do you the request letter? I could not find it anywhere on my account. Do I have to use the web form to contact IRCC for that?