+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding CSQ timeline with family sponsorship

Feliciav

Feb 17, 2018
hello all!

So My husband and I hav started the family sponsorship with CIC in September 2017. On december 2017 I received an email from IRCC stating that I am eligible to sponsor and that I need to now fill up forms for the MIDI. I did the application kit A and sent it over to them. I received a letter from the MIDI stating that they received my form and charged my card in December 18th 2017 and that it’ll process within the next few weeks.

The problem is I still haven’t haven’t heard anything back, and the IRCC emailed my husband on January 25 2018 stating that they need his CSQ by February 24 2018 or they’ll process the case without it, which could also lead to refusal?

I’m confusee because on the MIDI website (and the letter) that they work with the IRCC to make sure everything gets processed. Should I call the midi and ask if we need to do anything on our part? My husband and I thought about contacting IRCC to let them know we still did not get his CSQ.

Did anyone go through this similar process for Quebec sponsorship? Does it usually take this long? The MIDI website says they do it in 25 business days.