+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused Visa.................Gracious seniors, everybody pls help.

candido99

Aug 29, 2010
If someone was refused visa by an embassy( not Canada) in 2005 but forgot to include this in the background declaration for this PR visa

application, can CIC detect this during security check and if so can it lead to negative consequencies regarding this application? In that case can

anything still be done to salvage the situation? Medicals have been done since May.

Your thoughts and advice needed urgently pls.

Quorax, Rocky777 and all pls say something before its too late.

maq0r

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think it matters, as long as it wasn't a Canadian visa that you got denied.

obho0001

Star Member
Apr 25, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/10/2009
Doc's Request.
02/12/2009
AOR Received.
02/12/2009
File Transfer...
10/12/2009
Med's Request
05/08/2010
Med's Done....
17/08/2010
Passport Req..
26/04/2011
LANDED..........
21/06/2011
Hi

I was refused a Canadian Visitor Visa in 2008. Then I made this PR application in October 2009; I mentioned in the form that I was refused this visa. Apparently, this didn't affect my application, which has made it through up to the medical exams.

So, I really think you can disclose this visa refusal thingy..

That said, if its a US, Australian, UK etc visa you were refused, I don't think they will be able to dig it up.. so if you decide to 'forget' mentioning this, shouldn't be an issue.

But if its a Canadian Visa you were refused, one of the CHC databases should have the information and they should be able to dig it up quite easily, as part of a random background check.. or security check!

best //

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
candido99 said:
If someone was refused visa by an embassy( not Canada) in 2005 but forgot to include this in the background declaration for this PR visa

application, can CIC detect this during security check and if so can it lead to negative consequencies regarding this application? In that case can

anything still be done to salvage the situation? Medicals have been done since May.

DANGER
As part of our Security Checks, the CIC uses the services of CSIS, which in turn Xchecks our antecedents from the NASC, USIC, EU databases & many other sources. There's a pretty good chance that our visa quests in other locations will be flagged.

Now, the good part is - unless a preRefusal, in any state, occurred due to security issues, our Canadian PR process doesn't get adversely affected. So, it's always wise to write everything candidly.

If I were u, I'd write a letter to the CHC explaining an oversight & informed about it, NOW.

Good Luck!
Qorax

pb55

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
candido99 said:
Is the refusal stamp there on your current passport which you will have to submit to visa office? Or is it in your old passport? If you done medicals that been your criminality is already checked and you passed it.
I am not sure if various countries share refusal case database.
I read a case where the applicant had applied for canada student visa got rejected. After about 6-7 years applied for PR and did not disclose it and got through without any flags beign raised. But his refusal stamp was in the old passport which he had not submitted to visa office.
Do Keep us updated on how you proceed.

candido99

Aug 29, 2010
Thanks you all for your concern/contributions.

@qorax
Thanks sir for your advice. I sent you PIM regarding this.

@pb55
It is actually an old/expired passport. Not the one in use presently.
Thanks anyway.

jadwig

Star Member
Mar 12, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is possible that previous visa refusals from certain countries be detected as part of immigration processing. Refer to:

www . cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob226.asp

Take note of the clause "The Protocol does not affect CIC’s existing bilateral info-sharing arrangement with the United States."

However, it appears that a random process is adopted for selecting cases for this kind of check and it remains a probability if a particular case is selected. The probability is higher if your previous refusal is from a USA application(because of special bilateral agreement between USA and Canada) and if you are from certain sensitive-nationalities like some of us, I will advice that you put such information in your application as the subsequent discovery by CIC while processing may be viewed adversely.

Good luck.

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Qorax,

You have been a great help to the members of the fourm.

I am also in the similar situation, as both mine and wife's visa (Student and visit) were rejected some 7-10 years back. mine was rejected 1 time and wife was rejected more than 1 time. the rejections were all in previous passports.

our medical is already done last month and we have also submitted the documents asked by them.

We overlook the clause in background form and now wanted to update the CIC. is it ok that I send them the email.

my visa office is london.

thanks much.

qorax said:
DANGER
As part of our Security Checks, the CIC uses the services of CSIS, which in turn Xchecks our antecedents from the NASC, USIC, EU databases & many other sources. There's a pretty good chance that our visa quests in other locations will be flagged.

Now, the good part is - unless a preRefusal, in any state, occurred due to security issues, our Canadian PR process doesn't get adversely affected. So, it's always wise to write everything candidly.

If I were u, I'd write a letter to the CHC explaining an oversight & informed about it, NOW.

Good Luck!
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ainpfamily said:
Hi Qorax,

You have been a great help to the members of the fourm.

I am also in the similar situation, as both mine and wife's visa (Student and visit) were rejected some 7-10 years back. mine was rejected 1 time and wife was rejected more than 1 time. the rejections were all in previous passports.

our medical is already done last month and we have also submitted the documents asked by them.

We overlook the clause in background form and now wanted to update the CIC. is it ok that I send them the email.

my visa office is london.

thanks much.
It might be too late now at this stage of your case processing (meds completed). So, wait until they ask u about it... Or probably they wouldn't too.

Good luck!
Qorax

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for your reply, i have sent them email any way asi feel it is better to inform them rather than they finding out....

qorax said:
It might be too late now at this stage of your case processing (meds completed). So, wait until they ask u about it... Or probably they wouldn't too.

Good luck!
Qorax

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
candido99 said:

Hi,

Usually now all developed countries secretly share the data to avoid any criminal's and security issues to their countries. Negative effect maximum can only be a interview which Canadian Embassy can ask for if they get this information in security checks (I do not think personally it will matter that much that it will call for an interview) but technically thats the maximum.

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i just went through the manual for "Evaluating Inadmissibility" section 9 (mis-representation)

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf02-eng.pdf

basically they differentiate between the material and relevant facts. all material facts are relevant but it is not true vice versa...

according to them, the material facts are those which can affect the visa decision. one example is given in the manual

Example: A sponsored parent, 65 years of age, is asked in background information about his
educational history. This is relevant information because the educational background is
pertinent for security review. The individual has always told his family he is a high school
graduate, and completes the information accordingly. In fact, we discover that he failed his
final exam 45 years ago and did not receive a diploma. The information is relevant, but not
material because whether he did or did not graduate from high school affects neither his
eligibility nor the security review process the officer would have used.

so it is important that we share the relevant details. rocky is correct that if this does not affect the decision,they may just ask for more clarification/explanation or call for an interview.

i personally think that the visit/student visa rejection will not be accounted as material.

but if a person misses some thing which may impact the decision (i.e. material( e.g. any court proceedings, citizenship status, marital status etc. then it will be accounted as material and may face strict action.

Reactions: megoman

candido99

Aug 29, 2010
Hi all

Thanks for your contributions. I sent a mail yesterday to the VO as adviced. This morning I got this mail in response to the status enquiry I made last week:

Dear Madam / Sir,
This is in response to your email (see below).
Your application is in queue for review. An exact review schedule is not yet available. However, all applications are reviewed in the order in which they were received.
Please refer to the CIC web site for information on standard processing times:
No further action is required by you at this time.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
For future reference, in all correspondence to our office, please refer to the applicant's full name, date of birth and file number.

What review are they talking about?Could it be the final review,remember med was done in May this year.
Also what do they mean by "An exact review schedule is not yet available"? Does it mean that activity at this visa office is at standstill for now?Good people pls analyse.

pb55

Star Member
Aug 16, 2010
Candido dear what reply you have received is a standard generic response. It seems the visa officer replying to your letter (intimating them about the missing information) did not even bother to read it he just copy pasted the standard reply. Just chill mate.

"all developed countries secretly share the data" With the exception of US and Canada who share geographical borders this is not true. There are data protection laws with prohibit sharing of data except where criminality is already establisted.

Ainpfamily if you read it carefully in the background declaration there is no mention of student visa/permit.The question you are getting so paranoid about is in schedule 1 background/declaration form IMM008. Question 9 subsection ( in serial order 2) reads previously sought refugee status in Canada or applied for canadain immigration or permanent residence visa or visitor or temporary resident visa.
Now where is student visa/permit in the above clause subsection. Although it is ok to update them as you have done nothing wrong. Stop worrying and chill. I read a similar case on another forum poor chap was in the same situation as you medicals done and then he got jittery about an undisclosed refusal of student visa application to Canada. He took the calculated risk and did not inform and got away (as the refusal was ages ago and did not show on his current passport). Although it is good to have a good night sleep over the issue if you inform them. Just chill mate.

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi, actually our rejections are also visit visas in addition to student one..

any way i have sent them email and also sent them updated background declaration and cover letter through post.

actually i got panicked because of this post. though it is not exactly related, but he got rejected as he did not sent updated forms.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/honest-mistake-t42448.0.html

thanks for your response.

pb55 said:
Candido dear what reply you have received is a standard generic response. It seems the visa officer replying to your letter (intimating them about the missing information) did not even bother to read it he just copy pasted the standard reply. Just chill mate.

"all developed countries secretly share the data" With the exception of US and Canada who share geographical borders this is not true. There are data protection laws with prohibit sharing of data except where criminality is already establisted.

Ainpfamily if you read it carefully in the background declaration there is no mention of student visa/permit.The question you are getting so paranoid about is in schedule 1 background/declaration form IMM008. Question 9 subsection ( in serial order 2) reads previously sought refugee status in Canada or applied for canadain immigration or permanent residence visa or visitor or temporary resident visa.
Now where is student visa/permit in the above clause subsection. Although it is ok to update them as you have done nothing wrong. Stop worrying and chill. I read a similar case on another forum poor chap was in the same situation as you medicals done and then he got jittery about an undisclosed refusal of student visa application to Canada. He took the calculated risk and did not inform and got away (as the refusal was ages ago and did not show on his current passport). Although it is good to have a good night sleep over the issue if you inform them. Just chill mate.