+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RECO License for Ontario and job opportunities?

jorgenmunk1983

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hi there,

I am from Denmark, and previously helped expats in China look for apartments 10 years ago. I am thinking of getting back into real estate and wanted to hear if anyone have experience to share?

I am fine starting from scratch and working my way up, we are fortunate to have generous maternity benefits from Denmark when we arrive in Canada, and with a property in Denmark being rented out we have a decent buffer to weather a few years of low income.

My questions:
Has anyone done this program?
https://humber.ca/realestate/becoming-a-salesperson/program-fees.html
Is there another program thats cheaper/better?

What are the best options after completing the program?
I speak English, French, Mandarin and Scandinavian (Swedish, Norwegian, Danish)
I would prefer work in downtown Toronto, helping expats with rentals 2 bedrooms+

Any and all input and advice is much appreciated :)

Cheers

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi there,

I am from Denmark, and previously helped expats in China look for apartments 10 years ago. I am thinking of getting back into real estate and wanted to hear if anyone have experience to share?

I am fine starting from scratch and working my way up, we are fortunate to have generous maternity benefits from Denmark when we arrive in Canada, and with a property in Denmark being rented out we have a decent buffer to weather a few years of low income.

My questions:
Has anyone done this program?
https://humber.ca/realestate/becoming-a-salesperson/program-fees.html
Is there another program thats cheaper/better?

What are the best options after completing the program?
I speak English, French, Mandarin and Scandinavian (Swedish, Norwegian, Danish)
I would prefer work in downtown Toronto, helping expats with rentals 2 bedrooms+

Any and all input and advice is much appreciated :)

Cheers
There isn’t much money in rentals like in other cities. There are so many real estate agents already in the big cities. There has been such growth in our housing industry over the past 20+ years everyone seems to have gotten involved in real estate or gotten their real estate license. We will see happens to the housing market during this recession because many families are over leveraged and prices have continued to go up with some pull backs hear and there. Western Canada is already dealing with lower prices. Real estate has to do with who you know. It would take a long time to build up a clientele. I am not sure why you want to leave Denmark but I wouldn’t recommend it. You also need to qualify for permanent residency first.