+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received Dismiss decision from RAD

Discussion in 'Refugees and Asylum' started by Jena17, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Hello everyone!
    I need some help from people who had a similar experience. So I was on a post graduate work permit when I submitted a refugee claim in June 2016. It was rejected by IRD in August same year and I filed an appeal to RAD end of August 2016. I just got a decision on April 12th 2018 that my case was dismiss. Now I before the decision I had renewed my work permit it will expire in March 2019. I don't know what to do next is it worth to appeal to for a juridical review? Or should I apply under the H&C? Or could I do both? Going home is not a option for me. I can possibly go in a different country to a friend. I am came to Canada on a student VISA in 2009 and graduated in 2014. It was bad advise that directed me to apply under refugee claim. Another question I have is if I leave withing my removal order Could I apply for PR under entry Express or Provincial nominee programme here in New brunswick? Or because of the rejected refugee claim I can no longer come back?
    Please I am looking forward for your answers. Thank you

2. It doesn't sound like you really have a case for H&C.

If you say that it was bad advice that directed you to apply under the refugee claim, then I don't see the point of spending money for a further appeal since it sounds like it will just lead to another refusal.

Yes - you can apply for EE or PNP with a failed refugee claim. I would go that route.

Jena17 likes this.
  3. Can I start that now or I have to

4. I meant could I start the process of PNB now in new brunswick before the removal order? Or the province will not approve me with the current refugee claim rejection?

5. Hi. Did u get a hearing for your refugee claim?

6. I had that in june 2016

7. I am. For a little over 2y with the same employer I am exploring that option too. But my question is do I have to leave first? If I start that process with a current declined refugee claim and RAD I am afraid it will be rejected right away it I do the AIPP. Can you clarify that please?

8. How long is the validity of your refugee claimant document? Mine is only 2 years. Will you able to renew it? Thanks again.

9. I have my work permit expiring March 2019. And with the rejected appeal decision from RAD I am expecting a removal order withing the next month If I don't do anything.

10. I have my work permit expiring March 2019. And with the rejected appeal decision from RAD I am expecting a removal order withing the next month If I don't do anything. I also have the refugee claimant document expiring June 2018

11. Mine expiring June 2018. I don't think I can renew since I got rejected

12. Ok thanks jena. I forgot to ask, how long did it take for you to receive the negative decision letter by mail after tour hearing? And did you wait for 15 days after you received the written decision before you appeal? Or I have to appeal right away? I havent received the negative decision letter yet. Thank you.:)

13. Thank you for your reply. I did not receive any removal order yet but I am sure it will happen because I just got the rejection letter from my appeal to RAD. I am looking to meet with my lawyer too this week.

14. Actually, one of the documents you sign when you make a refugee claim is a removal order. It’s already in place. It’s just a matter of whether they enforce it or not.