+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons to Reject for PRs--Anyone Know?

Ndmyhus

Nov 8, 2008
I am a Canadian woman, and I have sponsored my husband to come from Barbados. I think we are nearing the end, he has been sent the "decision made" letter in the mail. It has taken so long for us to receive the letter, and we still havent gotten it. I wonder if anyone knows why or if anyone has been rejected for P R, and what was the reason for rejection, and what you do next/ Appeal??
My husband has no criminal background, we are legally married, and up until this point I assumed everything was good. Please if anyone has any insight or experience I would love to hear about it.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ndmyhus said:
I am a Canadian woman, and I have sponsored my husband to come from Barbados. I think we are nearing the end, he has been sent the "decision made" letter in the mail. It has taken so long for us to receive the letter, and we still havent gotten it. I wonder if anyone knows why or if anyone has been rejected for P R, and what was the reason for rejection, and what you do next/ Appeal??
My husband has no criminal background, we are legally married, and up until this point I assumed everything was good. Please if anyone has any insight or experience I would love to hear about it.
Refusals in spousal cases are usually because CHC thinks that it is a Marriage of Convenience, entered into solely for the application to gain PR status in Canada.

PMM

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Is this an inland or outland application? How long has your case been in process? How long ago and how did you find out about a decision made letter - did it say DM in eCAS? Are you certain CIC has the proper address to mail the DM letter to. Those letters can be time sensitive, so it's in your best interest to follow up if it really has been "so long" to get it.

Ndmyhus

Nov 8, 2008
Re: Reasons to Reject for PRs--Anyone Know? REJECTED< NOW WHAT??

Thank you for your replies. I have no since found out the decision, which was REJECTED. OMG. I love my husband so dearly and he loves me the same. He received the letter and weeped. I dont know what to do now. It says we have 30 days to appeal the decision. We are appealing of course. I have been there 4 times to visit him, we are each others soulmates, and they reject us. This is wrongly unfair.

Does anyone have any help or advise.? Please I need to hear anyone that has experienced this type of thing.

BettyPage

Star Member
Aug 26, 2008
Sorry to hear that you were refused.

I'm also a Canadian sponsoring my husband and we were refused in Aug and have filed an appeal and now waiting to hear from the appeal board. It's a long road ahead and I would recommend hiring a good lawyer to represent you at the appeal.
Good luck

Worried

Nov 10, 2008
my heart goes out to you. i wish i had information to help... maybe someone else will see this thread and can take the time to help you