+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

really confused need help from those are already working in toronto

rafii

Oct 17, 2009
hello
i need your help. am working in Dubai my salary is quite good is almost 6000 us dollar and now am planning to move to Canada my question is the work criteria in Canada more comfortable than Dubai in terms of income , job hours , the life it self in Canada is it fall of joy or just a boring life.
i am really confused because if i quit from my job is hard to find other opportunity in the recession and in other hand i think its a chance to live in very develop country as canada.

please am waiting for your advice before i do something i regret for my whole life

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
Emmigration is a personal decision, no one on this forum can tell you point blank to quit your USD$6000 per month job in dubai and emmigrate to canada. This is a big decision that you are responsible for taking. Some people emmigrate because of money, some because of quality of life, security of life, opportunities, so it is totally up to you to think of why do you want to emmigrate. Like me, am making (approximately)USD$10,500 per month in an IT multinational firm in abuja, Nigeria. I'm still ready to emmigrate to canada as soon as my case is finalised due to better quality of life, security, better education for my children, better future for my children. I think you got my point?

rafii

Oct 17, 2009
thanks for your reply
but you have to put in your mind before migrate the expectation about your income if will allow you to live in the same level what you have already 10500 is huge amount of money i don't think you be able to have it in Canada
i have been once in Abuja / Nigeria its really hard to live there they worn us to not go far away from the hotel because will shot and killed for nothing so you have reasonable intent of emigration to save your child
but for me still unknown

in way thanks

rafii

Oct 17, 2009
hi
Mr Chandan
to be honest with u my girlfriend is insisting to move to Canada but really i am a fried to do such step because am afraid of being rejected to enter Canada as she told me that in case we get married then it is easy to settle in Canada please advice me.

i have no single idea about the emigration law in canada

aghijan

Star Member
Oct 16, 2007
rafii said:
hi
Mr Chandan
to be honest with u my girlfriend is insisting to move to Canada but really i am a fried to do such step because am afraid of being rejected to enter Canada as she told me that in case we get married then it is easy to settle in Canada please advice me.

i have no single idea about the emigration law in canada
Rafii,

I don't know what type of job or visa status you have in Dubai. But I believe the best thing to do for you is that you apply for PR visa. If you get through, take some time off from your work and go to Canada, let say 1 month at most. Try to live like a resident and not a tourist. Go around and look for a job. Buy and rent. Open a bank account and buy a mobile phone and land line, plus an internet package. Shop and travel by bus. I mean do what a resident does. Then decide if Canada is the right place for living. I am sure you will find lots of differences. By the way, no one knows, you may get a job with same salary!
Immigration to a new place is absolutely a personal decision and no one can help you decide. Good luck.

chandan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2009
I am not emigrating to canada because of money. I've got enough to be quite honest. I want a better future for my children even if it means i won't be earning one third of what am presently earning. I want to live in a place where there is security of lives, i have been there like 3times, i have also been to some other countries. I hope rafii got my points.
Personally, i cannot tell you to quite your job in dubai to go to canada as i don't know your intentions and expectations in canada. Life is full of risks and it takes a lot of courage to decide leaving a certainty for uncertainty but am not thinking about today but tomorrow.
Good luck rafii as you take the bold step.

hellovn

Jul 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know some friends who are earning a good money in their countries and become a taxi driver in Canada !

joogle

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
When you migrate to Canada unless you have "Canadian experience", it would be extremely difficult to get a job let alone getting a job that pays $60,000 $CAD/year. In Canada income is quoted per year not per month. Also, you pay roughly 30% in taxes. The remaining portion of your income is subject to roughly 14% GST/PST tax.

Overall, Canada is not the place to get rich, keep that in mind at least not for first-generation immigrants.

rafii

Oct 17, 2009
i decided to get a month vacation from my work in dubai and i will spend it in canada so i can experience the life as a resident then its easy to compare

thanks for all