+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Re-Patriating to Canada adn travelling w/Childcare Provider (Has Anyone Done This?)

CanuckBoy

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

We are currently in Philippines and migrating back to Canada early next year. We'd like to bring our live-in nanny with us as she wants to come with us to be able to send money back home to her family here.

Has anyone done this? I know the rules and programs have changed a lot in past year(s) - a few questions:

1) my understnading is there is no way for her to accompany us, is that correct?
2) Can we begin the proess now or do we have to wait until physically back in Canada?

Thanks for any insights. I'm a Canadian citizen, my wife is a Canadian PR.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
1. Correct.
2. No. You can only hire them through the link below. Only a few applications are accepted per year and takes years right now to process. You need a Canadian business registration to deduct payroll (taxes etc.). You also need to show that you couldn’t hire anyone in Canada and explain why you need a full-time nanny. So you need to post the job in your area on local employment websites. You also need to show your Canadian income and that you meet LICO and can afford a live-in nanny. Your nanny needs to take language tests and ECAs for her education.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-permanent-foreign/in-home-caregiver.html

The program is only open for the first few months of the year because of its popularity. It already is closed for 2021 and not accepting application until 2022. You may come to Canada in 2022 and the program is closed for the year.

Last edited: