+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding Affidavits

nikaz007

Nov 1, 2022
Hello All,

I am in process of filing a visitor visa for my parents .

I have read that Affidavits are accepted , however in my case there are going to quite a few more affidavits .

1) Affidavit of marriage - as they do not have marriage certificate , neither marriage card .
2) Affidavit if name change - as my mother changed her name after marriage .
3) Affidavit for current residence property - as the house agreement was done in regional ( marathi) language .
4) Affidavit for property and house owned at native place - as the papers are in regional language .

total of 4 affidavits . So my question is , is it fine to attach so many affidavits ?

Also 1 more question , my father's name has RAO attached to his first name in passport "Mohanrao" , where as the Bank statements and FD's has only "Mohan" , so do I need to provide one more affidavit for this ??

nikaz007

Nov 1, 2022
Hello ,

bumping this again .

If anyone can , please help with the mentioned query .
I would highly appreciate it .

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
Hello All,

I am in process of filing a visitor visa for my parents .

I have read that Affidavits are accepted , however in my case there are going to quite a few more affidavits .

1) Affidavit of marriage - as they do not have marriage certificate , neither marriage card .
2) Affidavit if name change - as my mother changed her name after marriage .
3) Affidavit for current residence property - as the house agreement was done in regional ( marathi) language .
4) Affidavit for property and house owned at native place - as the papers are in regional language .

total of 4 affidavits . So my question is , is it fine to attach so many affidavits ?

Also 1 more question , my father's name has RAO attached to his first name in passport "Mohanrao" , where as the Bank statements and FD's has only "Mohan" , so do I need to provide one more affidavit for this ??
1. If your mother name is written as spouse on your father's passport then its enough to proved... no need to make affidavit and u can use passport copy
2. If your mother has any government document for name changed then get it translated in English from authorized translator with sign & stamp
3. If its a rent agreement then same get it translate in English
4. either u can use English translation of the property documents or u can get a valuation certificate from a certified company where they will mentioned ownership & current value of the property

Reactions: nikaz007