Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018
Hi,

If someone is working as an Electrical Engineer in India and gets PR, what is the scope of jobs and are they required to get any certificates or complete any courses. Which provinces have better jobs for Electrical Engineer working on Electrical power grids.

Would it help in finding jobs if the person does a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering after moving there.

Regards,

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi,

If someone is working as an Electrical Engineer in India and gets PR, what is the scope of jobs and are they required to get any certificates or complete any courses. Which provinces have better jobs for Electrical Engineer working on Electrical power grids.

Would it help in finding jobs if the person does a Master's degree in Electrical Engineering after moving there.

Regards,
So as a start Have googled simply Canada electrical engineers to see plenty of job sites for engineers plus even information about engineers here https://engineerscanada.ca/frequently-asked-questions

Reactions: ypaul

xibalban

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Sikkim
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-05-2018
Hi,

Regards,
With my limited research on the potential for jobs for Electrical Engineers (outland), I find the following stumbling blocks at the outset.

1. Requirement for a Class G Driving licence, which is impossible to acquire immediately (Ontario context).
2. Being a regulated trade, every job posting invariably requires a P.Eng or other certification from job seekers.

Electrical Engineers, per se, hence have a long road ahead to land an equivalent position as their original before moving to Canada. I'm activily researching on the alternatives, which for now are:

1. Enrolling into a trade certification course, while concurrently applying for the P.Eng Licensure.
2. Start looking for survival jobs; works for me as I am willing to let go my "I used to be an Engineer" attitude, and believe that no work is actually menial. I actually wish to start right from scratch, despite my age (my wife thinks I'm already too old, which I disagree to ;)).

There is a streak of struggle, but with hard & honest work, we will come through!!