+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions about parent sponsorship 2020

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Hello all,

I am planning on submitting an expression of interest to sponsor my parents and my under-22 dependent sister next week, but I had some questions. I've been living in Quebec for exactly 12 months and my income over these past 12 months only just covers the minimum income for 2020 in Quebec.

1. Quebec counts your gross income over the past 12 months. How is the 12 month window determined? Is it the 12 months directly preceding submission of a complete application to IRCC? Or is it the 12 months directly preceding the submission of the Quebec undertaking application?

2. If I am invited to apply and submit a complete application to IRCC in, let's say, December 2020 but the notification to begin applying for Quebec undertaking comes in January 2021 - do I need to meet the 2021 minimum income or the 2020 minimum income?

Manpreet2146

Oct 12, 2020
Hi,
I have few questions regarding PGP program.
I wanted to apply for my parents but they have 2dependants (my siblings) under the age of 22 and I am single and permanent resident living in Quebec. If I only apply for my parents then my siblings will automatically get PR along with my parents?
how much income do I need to require.
will I need to count the family as 3 or 5 including me, my parents and my dependent sublings.
2. I moved in quebec this year in February.
will they count the income for this year 2020 or it will be based out of 2019.
as in2019 I was in Winnipeg and not earned anything in quebec .
if they will count for 2020, Can I submit an interest on Oct 13 this week??
Someone please help me ?
thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I have few questions regarding PGP program.
I wanted to apply for my parents but they have 2dependants (my siblings) under the age of 22 and I am single and permanent resident living in Quebec. If I only apply for my parents then my siblings will automatically get PR along with my parents?
will I need to count the family as 3 or 5 including me, my parents and my dependent sublings.
2. I moved in quebec this year in February.
will they count the income for this year 2020 or it will be based out of 2019.
as in2019 I was in Winnipeg and not earned anything in quebec .
if they will count for 2020, Can I submit an interest on Oct 13 this week??
Someone please help me ?
thanks in advance.
1. Family unit is 5
2. Based on 2020 income as outlined in the chart.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/requirements-sponsor/specific-requirements/financial-standards/index.html

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all,

I am planning on submitting an expression of interest to sponsor my parents and my under-22 dependent sister next week, but I had some questions. I've been living in Quebec for exactly 12 months and my income over these past 12 months only just covers the minimum income for 2020 in Quebec.

1. Quebec counts your gross income over the past 12 months. How is the 12 month window determined? Is it the 12 months directly preceding submission of a complete application to IRCC? Or is it the 12 months directly preceding the submission of the Quebec undertaking application?

2. If I am invited to apply and submit a complete application to IRCC in, let's say, December 2020 but the notification to begin applying for Quebec undertaking comes in January 2021 - do I need to meet the 2021 minimum income or the 2020 minimum income?
Based on 2020 (January 1 to December 31) as outlined in the chart. Government will ask for NOA for 2020.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/requirements-sponsor/specific-requirements/financial-standards/index.html

Reactions: hodari

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
1. Family unit is 5
Family unit is 1

In addition to yourself, you must count:
  • Your spouse or de facto spouse;
  • Your dependent children, those of your spouse and, where applicable, the dependent child of these children.
Sponsored family unit is 4

In addition to the principal sponsored person, you must count all his or her family members whether or not they accompany him or her to Quebec. They include:
  • His or her spouse or de facto spouse;
  • His or her dependent children, those of his or her spouse and, where applicable, the dependent child of one of these children.
Use this calculator tool:
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/requirements-sponsor/specific-requirements/financial-standards/calculation.php

ns0508

Sep 26, 2020
hi Guys,

I would like to sponsor my mother along with my sister (who is her dependent child and will be accompanying her) . Can you please suggest/advise what should i fill in under "Your parents' and grandparents' information" section of the interest to Sponsor Form? as this section quotes

"Provide the names and dates of birth for each of the parents and grandparents you wish to sponsor. You won't need to provide the information of their non-accompanying spouse/partner or dependent children"

so.. i guess i need to fill in my mother and my sister's information?

ns0508

Sep 26, 2020
No just your mother. You can add your sister on the actual application once you receive the invitation to apply.
Thank you @hodari for your quick revert. but my sister would be accompanying my mother to Canada. Do I still need to fill in only my mother's details?