+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question to PMM

Becca

Star Member
Jul 27, 2007
My husband had his interview on April 28.  He was told at the interview that within a week he would be contacted with a decision.  All of our paperwork, supporting documents, photos, MSN conversations etc, flight stubs, etc were kept by immigration.  Three days after his interview they contacted my husband to request a fax of his passport.  We have not heard a word since.

What does this mean?  Does this mean we were denied?  Why would they keep our paperwork?  I understand it is common practice to return the paperwork at the end of the interview.  How much longer do we have to wait to have a decision?  Does the fact that they did not keep his passport mean that we are denied? I have heard that this is the case.

Please advise.  Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Becca said:
My husband had his interview on April 28. He was told at the interview that within a week he would be contacted with a decision. All of our paperwork, supporting documents, photos, MSN conversations etc, flight stubs, etc were kept by immigration. Three days after his interview they contacted my husband to request a fax of his passport. We have not heard a word since.

What does this mean? Does this mean we were denied? Why would they keep our paperwork? I understand it is common practice to return the paperwork at the end of the interview. How much longer do we have to wait to have a decision? Does the fact that they did not keep his passport mean that we are denied? I have heard that this is the case.

Please advise. Thank you.
The numbers in trackitt show that the passport request from Rabat is a about 5 weeks on average after the interview. No, not keeping the passport does not mean a denial, It would appear that they have not reached a decision. I really don't have any concrete suggestions, as the application is at the final stage, they will either refuse or approve and I would think that you should receive the decision shortly.

PMM

Lois Lane

May 14, 2008
(close to Toronto) Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 2007
Becca

My husband's interview in Rabat was May 13. He left with his passport and they kept all other documentation. Less than a week later he received his refusal letter. I do think your husband will get a call just to pick up the visa. They may have asked for copies of the passport to verify that he doesn't need any police cheques from any other country. I really don't think you need to worry.

Good Luck!