+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question to PMM

detan

May 30, 2008
Hi PMM,
Just a question about CAIPS. I want to fill out the IMM5475E form to get information about my wife file. My question is: what kind of information are provided throught this? And where must I send the form?
I will appreciate a lot your reply. Bless.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

detan said:
Hi PMM,
Just a question about CAIPS. I want to fill out the IMM5475E form to get information about my wife file. My question is: what kind of information are provided throught this? And where must I send the form?
I will appreciate a lot your reply. Bless.
1. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
2. CAIPS will show the processing steps, ie medical, security results, whether interview required. If your spouse has not been refused or no interview is required, then it is pretty pointless ordering CAIPS unless the application has gone way past the average processing time. Here is what a sample CAIPS file looks like. http://www.caipsretriever.com/sample_caips_file.htm

PMM

detan

May 30, 2008
Thanks you very much. I don't know if you have any experience or information about what's going on at CIC Accra Ghana. That's where I’m trying to sponsor my wife from since soon 2 years. I want to tell you my case and I will appreciate any comments according to your experiences. I send the sponsor and PR documents to Mississauga in Sept 2006. The sponsorship was approved and the PR file reached CIC Accra Ghana in Nov 2006. There, the processing started in Jan 2007. An interview was required and scheduled for Jan 2008. My wife went to the interview and did it good. The agent kept her birth certificate, the certificate of marriage, her citizenship certificate and her Quebec certificate of selection. Two weeks later we received an email said her police certificate is expired and asked for another one. My wife did it quickly and went to the embassy deposit it. One week later, she received a letter said her medical report is expired and asked for another one. She did a new one that was sent on Feb 2008. Since, we’re still waiting. The status on the web site doesn’t have any change. It is still: ‘’in process’’. It is forbidden to call this place and ask for information. So I don’t know what’s going on with the file. For example what they want to mean by keeping some of her documents? Did our file go back to the queue because of the medical report expiration? How long do must we wait again? What could be the problem if any problem is? What could we expect for the end? Man, I’ m tired. Thanks you very much for comments. God bless you.