+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUESTION TO PMM???????IMPORTANT CHOICE????

izzy

Sep 21, 2007
HI THERE???THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP
MY QUESTION IS REGARDING MY SPONSORSHIP TO MY HUSBAND IN MORROC..I WILL BE THERE FOR 2 MONTHS AND I WAS WONDERING IF IS OK TO STOP BY IN THE CANADIAN EMBASSY AND ASK HOW MY FILE IS GOING OR IS THAT A BAD IDEA???
I BELIEVED HE WILL BE CLOSED ON THAT TIME FOR INTERVIEW BCOS MY FILE HAVE BEING ON THE EMBASSY FOR 7MONTHS
THANKS AGAIN
IZZY

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
I am not as veteran as PMM or claim to match his knowlege,But you can try checking the status online wthout dropping by or you can go to your local MP s office for help and ask them to inquire,By law they have to respond in 2-3 days in urgent cases and about 2 weeks in none urgent cases.Good Luck

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
I am not PMM:)

But I have to say that I would do that if I were you. And I have met other couples who have done that (in Peru mind you). Specially if the sponsor is a Canadian Citizen, you have every right to go to your Consulate. If I were you I'd go there every month I was there...any little excuse. What is the worst that it can happen? That they think of you as an annoying wife to come and check on her husband's file. So what?

izzy

Sep 21, 2007
Thanks for all the answer,i did contact my MP..they told him to follow up in jan2009 but i will be in morroc on that time,i just dont want to get them upset and put my file even more back bcos of that...for some reason i am not able to check status online anymore of our file and the same with my husband file number(no idea why)but no mather what you really dont get any answer online other that (ON PROCESS)LOL....

M

med

thatsn good idea to drop in rabat and ask abt ur file but be sure they are very stubborn and i doubt they wilkl help you ; good luck anyway

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Hi Izzy,

If you are going to be in Rabat anyway, you might as well try, but don't make a special trip to do it.

When I was in Morocco we (my mother and I) tried to go and visit the embassy, and they weren't letting ANYONE in without an appointment. They just directed everyone to a board that had the same general information as the website. My mother was especially outraged -"but I'm Canadian - I can't go into my own embassy???". Apparently not.

Maybe it was just the day - but it didn't feel like it.

Lynn