+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question related to Arrimal Portal Point Claims

Usmz

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Hi,

I wanted to check few things regarding my situation at the moment with respect to new upcoming Quebec Immigration system based on Arima portal.

My Age : 37

Nationality : EU

Visa status : LMIA Exempt Visa C-14 Visa (TV – Film Production staff) valid until July 2020.

Close Work permit.

Education : Bachelors in Science Computer Science (4 years) / Masters in Computer Animation (1yr)

Professional Experience:

Total 10 years International experience + Canadian Experience + Quebec

Total Canadian experience = 2 years total out of which Quebec Experience will be 6 months in Mid-January 2019

These are the Confusions I am facing at the moment and I will be very thankful if someone can clear these out. Please be assure that I have tried to do my homework by searching on forum and Midi website before turning up here to you guys for my question.

Theses are the points I am claiming:

Education: Masters in Digital Effects(Animation)-points 12
Area of Training : Bachelor in Computer Engineering (Outside Canada/Quebec ) -points 9
Validated Job offer – 8 (Montreal region)
Work Experience (10 years) -points 8
Age - points 12
Language proficiency - points 4

Stay in Quebec – 6 months by mid January 2019 (full time job with 2 year work permit ) claiming 5 points

****This info I got from 2 different websites for stay in Quebec points

1.to work, with a work permit of at least 1 year and full-time work experience of 6 months -5points

2.Worked in Quebec for at least 6 months - 5 points***

Spouse- Education (Bachelor)- points 3 , AOT(Bachelor in Computer Engineering) -points 3 , age -points 3
Children 2 under 12 - points 8
financial sufficiency - points 1

Total points for Expression of Interest: 67 ( passing score 52) including VJO and stay

Total points for selection: 76 points (passing score 59) including VJO and stay

Q : Area of Training?

My Bachelor is in Computer science (IT) but I never worked in IT. My Whole experience is related to my Masters Degree which is in Computer Animation which comes under NOC 5241 Computer Graphics and not IT. I need to confirm; can I use my Bachelor’s degree to claim 9points or do I have to be working in the same field to claim points for that? I read the below info on the forum.

Weblinks that I found on Internet, to help others.

https://www.canadim.com/qsw-area-of-training/

WHAT’S CHANGED

In the past, in order to claim the area of training points, applicants either needed to have:

1) Obtained their diploma in the last 5 years or, if the diploma was obtained longer than 5 years ago,

2) The candidate would have to have one year, in the last 5 years, working full-time in their field of study.

***THIS REQUIREMENT IS NOW WAIVED***

What that means for you: no matter when your diploma was obtained, or if you do not work in your field of study, you can still claim points under the area of training. For example, if you are trained as a nurse but have never worked in the field, you can still claim the points for your area of training as if you worked as a nurse your entire career. Remember, you don’t need to be certified as a nurse (or any other profession) to be eligible to claim area of training points.

Q5 Stay in Quebec Points

I am claiming 5 more points if I wait until January 2019 for Quebec Experience and submit my EOI . If I don’t claim right now now and submit EOI and update it by mid-January to get these 5points.Is it doable.

Q: VJO : (Validated Job Offer) Question

I need to know if I can claim point for the Validated job offer when my Current Work permit is LMIA Exempt C-14. The job offer started in July 2018 on 1-year Contract ending July 2019 so I am already down 5 months into the offer, but it looks I can claim for VJO based on the information given below from an unofficial link.

Weblinks that I found on Internet, to help others.

https://www.canadim.com/how-to-get-validated-job-offer-quebec-immigration/

Similar to applying for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) at the federal level, employers who apply to validate their job offer have to prove that they tried, and failed, to hire a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to fill the position. Now, this condition is waived if the candidate is already working for the employer on a valid temporary work permit.

If the candidate is not in Canada, or is in Canada but is not already working for the employer making the job offer, the employer must meet the minimum recruitment effort requirements described below.

Q: What will happen to the VJO if my contract doesn’t get renewed in July 2019.

If my Contract doesn’t get renewed in July 2019 and I have to find another job or work, do I lose these points and inform MIDI about the situation or can I still claim points for this.