+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question regarding school.

grrl77

May 28, 2008
Hello. :) Was hoping someone could help answer my question, or at least give me advice on the best route to go.

My goal would be to work and live in Canada, specifically Montreal. Would be open to other areas. I'm about to embark on beginning a degree for school, in french/international studies. I'm pretty close to getting my associates, and thought about possibly transferring to a Canadian university (Maybe UQAM, or somewhere in Montreal since french is sort of my focus) and finishing there. Is it difficult for international students to be able to work there after graduation? I was reading about the CEC, but I'm not sure how it works. It's that, or just get my AA here, and then try to earn enough points for working class. I've got a lot of financial/software background, as I've been in the work force for eleven years, but I have no degree.

Basically it comes down to how can i get myself to Montreal without, you know, marrying a cute Quebecois hockey player? :p How do I get there on my own? If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it. I read through all the rules and it just seems so impossible, yet people go there all the time, so any "make sense" approach that might work for my situation, would be fantastic. I just don't know which route to go, for what I'm trying to accomplish. Thanks so much, in advance!

- Jenn

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CEC is for people who are planning on living outside Quebec. If you want to live in Quebec, you could do your studies, apply for a post-grad work permit and work for a couple of years and then apply as a Quebec skilled worker. You can check out their immigration programs at http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/index.html