+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question- Asking for suggestions

samfa

Dec 19, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have got my PhD in Ontario in Dec. 2015, and then I applied for PR through the provincial nominee. I received my AOR in April 2017 and I got my medical yesterday.
I am also eligible for Canadian experience (I am working as a faculty member at a University in Ontario from July 2016 and I have a 5- year job contract).
I am wondering if I should also apply for Candian experience, can we have two submitted applications at the same time? any idea? How long usually it takes to get the PR through CE?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi everyone,

I have got my PhD in Ontario in Dec. 2015, and then I applied for PR through the provincial nominee. I received my AOR in April 2017 and I got my medical yesterday.
I am also eligible for Canadian experience (I am working as a faculty member at a University in Ontario from July 2016 and I have a 5- year job contract).
I am wondering if I should also apply for Candian experience, can we have two submitted applications at the same time? any idea? How long usually it takes to get the PR through CE?
I believe that you can have two applications in parallel but there may be little point. I vaguely remember that they will put the second one on hold until the first is complete. I'll try and find an official citation.

This is certainly true for citizenship applications : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/procedure-multiple-applications.html

Not sure about PR applications yet.

Check out these links.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/multiple-pr-applications-in-different-streams.515907/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-you-have-multiple-pr-applications-in.169787/

Last edited:
Reactions: samfa

TinTino

Jul 6, 2015
I think you will get your PR within 6 months so it's not necessary to apply for EE since it also takes you a similar time from now.

Reactions: samfa

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi everyone,
Yes, you can have applications to 2 different programs (traditional PNP and EE) at the same time, they will be processed independently. Lots of people do it, and in most cases, the EE/CEC application is processed more quickly (the standard is 6 months after you submit a complete eAPR, but of course it can be faster or slower). But that is up to you, whether you want to learn and go through another application process.