+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUESTION AFTER LANDING

MadeInCanada

Hero Member
Oct 15, 2012
805
71
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
Sorry! ??? Last July as in 2013... that is interesting, makes me wonder why? I lost (stolen from car along with purse ect) my origianl, I wonder if they are even replacing them? Hmmm...Just nosey enough to make a few calls tomorrow and find out...maybe..

Thanks for the reply!
 

abigailjoy3

Newbie
Nov 24, 2013
7
0
I applied outland spousal residency form US and landed this past Sunday and have a COPR. My husband and I had already had a 3 week asia trip planned months ago before I found out I was approved for PR. Now I am reading I can't get back in the country with my COPR and have to apply for a travel document while I'm over there otherwises won't be able to get back into canada. Does anybody know if this applies to Americans as well because we are a visa exempt country and I have always been allowed into canada? Thanks for your help
 

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
4,940
184
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
abigailjoy3 said:
I applied outland spousal residency form US and landed this past Sunday and have a COPR. My husband and I had already had a 3 week asia trip planned months ago before I found out I was approved for PR. Now I am reading I can't get back in the country with my COPR and have to apply for a travel document while I'm over there otherwises won't be able to get back into canada. Does anybody know if this applies to Americans as well because we are a visa exempt country and I have always been allowed into canada? Thanks for your help
if you are visa exempt, all you need is your COPR. what the issue may be is the airline might not let you board as a pr without the card. since you don't need a visa to travel, all you need to do is use your passport to board the plane, then show your COPR upon arrival at canadian immigration.
 

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
4,940
184
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
MadeInCanada said:
Sorry! ??? Last July as in 2013... that is interesting, makes me wonder why? I lost (stolen from car along with purse ect) my origianl, I wonder if they are even replacing them? Hmmm...Just nosey enough to make a few calls tomorrow and find out...maybe..

Thanks for the reply!
not sure why. my guess it probably has to do with $$$. i don't think they replace cards either, since they are not issuing them anymore. All you need is the SIN# anyway.
 

MadeInCanada

Hero Member
Oct 15, 2012
805
71
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
File Transfer...
23-01-2013
Med's Done....
18-10-2012
Interview........
26-05-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2013
LANDED..........
July 1st 2013
rhcohen2014 said:
not sure why. my guess it probably has to do with $$$. i don't think they replace cards either, since they are not issuing them anymore. All you need is the SIN# anyway.
No, I know all I need it the number, I have not had the card itself since 2004 or somewhere in that time frame. Just never bothered to replace it as I had/have the number memorized...anyhoo..Guess it all boils down to money as you stated. However they do (or did as the case may be) charge for replacement cards so one would think that they were not losing money on them?
 

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
4,940
184
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
MadeInCanada said:
No, I know all I need it the number, I have not had the card itself since 2004 or somewhere in that time frame. Just never bothered to replace it as I had/have the number memorized...anyhoo..Guess it all boils down to money as you stated. However they do (or did as the case may be) charge for replacement cards so one would think that they were not losing money on them?
well i'm sure it costs money in the long run to create the cards, as well as employ the people to do the work to make them. my guess is they needed to cut back on production of the cards because all of the material and technology used to make them costs money they probably don't want/need to spend. i doubt what they charge for replacements comes close to what they actually spend on production and labor. EVERYTHING has a cost, whether monetary or otherwise, and they probably want to reallocate the money to something else. there's also the possibility they just decided they were not necessary and there is no point in using resources to produce them. or they are trying to incorporate some sort of "environmentally friendly" initiative.