+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

question about landing

s1mpl3

Sep 26, 2005
I will be landing in Toronto in March and was looking over the list of documents needed for landing in the following link:

http://www.settlement.org/sys/faqs_detail.asp?faq_id=4000602

Is this list still accurate? Do I really need to have every single applicable document on this list?

With regards to medical and dental records: What information do they need? What specific record do I need to get from my doctor and dentist?

With regards to proof of funds: Will bank statements from both Canadian and U.S. banks be enough? Or do I need to have the funds (i.e. cash) in hand when I land?

Please advise. Thanks!

BCbound

Star Member
Jan 4, 2005
Well if you read the site you linked, you would see that all you are REQUIRED to have is your valid passport and proof of funds. The rest are SUGGESTED but not required.

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
:D If you are already going to land, then you must have produced a medical because no one is allowed to land unless a medical is already had been done and only a doctor suggested on the list in your area approved by immigration is allowed to do the medical as they know exactly what they are looking for. Same thing for Dental.

You also when you applied had to give a bank statement to show that you are capable to take care of yourself at least for six months, minimum required 10,000 equivalent canadian.

If u have a list of what immigration needs then it is what you have to give otherwise why would they even bother to make a list?

I don't understand that you should ask these questions if you already applied and approved because bank statements are required to be given when you make an application. When u are approved they send you a list of all you need to supply for landing.