+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about a letter received from IRCC

william-k

Apr 27, 2020
I wanted to confirm that my work permit was approved, despite the weird letter. Last week I got a new letter saying my application had been approved (and actually included my personal info and UCI; no blanks), and today my work permit came in the mail (for one year). My spouse's was included as well (given my employment, she qualified).

So just keep waiting and update your file with any changes =).

na71

Mar 27, 2018
I wanted to confirm that my work permit was approved, despite the weird letter. Last week I got a new letter saying my application had been approved (and actually included my personal info and UCI; no blanks), and today my work permit came in the mail (for one year). My spouse's was included as well (given my employment, she qualified).

That’s great to know! When did you apply for the work permit and how long did it take to get approved?

saeed1364

Jan 31, 2021
i submitted my online closed work permit extension.

i got the same letter and there is no date in the letter nor the number of my work permit, but i guess it is because an automatic response right?
Hi, have you received your work permit? I have applied on Oct. 22, but no response yet!

rajput_akhil

Feb 3, 2021

Wat wa the date on that weird letter? Is it the same as on your current work permit?

tariq_z

Feb 15, 2019
Hi, I'm on a PGWP which is about to expire in May so I had applied for BOWP. Today I got a letter with subject "WP-EXT only except PGWP" and the first paragraph says:

Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number ___________________ as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until __________________________ or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.
What I wish to know is that I applied for bridging OPEN work permit, but this letter states 'same conditions i.e. employer and occupation' so does this mean that I now have to continue working with my current employer or can I change my current job?
Also, I had selected apply for work permit with same employer instead of apply for work permit for the first time or with a new employer. But under what type of work permit are you applying for I had selected open work permit. So will I be issued a closed work permit instead of an open work permit?
I had also attached a letter of explanation that stated that I'm apply for an open work permit under the new public policy.

Last edited:

Mathew306

Jul 17, 2021
Can someone please help me with my query. I was asked for RCMP certified criminal record check and I have summited my finger prints at local RCMP station. But I haven't received my records yet by mail. Next week is my last date of submission. What can I do to extend the date of submission.