+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query regarding Work History - ICT Work Permit

preet.tech89

Jul 12, 2019
Hello All,

I have one query for EE profile creation under Canadian Experience class. Has anyone applied for PR with ICT(Intra Company Transfer) Work permit - LMIA Exempt? Could you please let me know what to select in one of the below questions

1) Date XYZ first became qualified to practice in this occupation
If the "primary occupation" is:
a qualified trade (four-digit code begins with 632, 633, 72, 73, 82, 92), this is the date they
became qualified to practice on their own in Canada. (For example, when they moved from
apprentice to being a licensed tradesperson.)
any other job, this is the date they first obtained the minimum education or training stated
in the NOC description. (Note: if the NOC only states high school, this is the date they
graduated.)
<Doubt: Is it the date on which I started working in MNC after my graduation? >

2) Studying full-time while doing this job? A person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. This includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of the study program. (required)
<Doubt: Under ICT WP, we are not suppose to study or engage in any educational qualification. Should I select No?

3) Which of these categories does xyz's job fall under? (required)
there are options like Work Permit required, no LMIA required. What to select?

Please provide your suggestions.

Thanks and Regards,
Preet

Vorticity

Jan 18, 2015
1.) The way I understood this question was that if you are, for example, a Marketing Analyst you became qualified to work as one when you received your Bachelors degree in business marketing.

2.) This question is asking whether you were studying while working at this job? Were you enrolled in courses and studying during the time in which you are seeking credit for this job?

3.) This is an interesting question and I wasn't sure myself. I just explained my answer in my Letter of Explanation. I wrote that I personally did not need an LMIA for my job, but the job itself under normal circumstances would usually require an LMIA. Probably an overkill explanation on my part.

preet.tech89

Jul 12, 2019
1.) The way I understood this question was that if you are, for example, a Marketing Analyst you became qualified to work as one when you received your Bachelors degree in business marketing.

2.) This question is asking whether you were studying while working at this job? Were you enrolled in courses and studying during the time in which you are seeking credit for this job?

3.) This is an interesting question and I wasn't sure myself. I just explained my answer in my Letter of Explanation. I wrote that I personally did not need an LMIA for my job, but the job itself under normal circumstances would usually require an LMIA. Probably an overkill explanation on my part.

Thanks for your reply. Regarding second point, I came to Canada from India on ICT(intra company transfer) Work permit which says not to enroll in any study. So in CIC the question "Studying full-time while doing this job? " doesnt make sense. So, shall I put No?

and regarding point 1 again, so is it my degree completion month/year and not my first job month/year?

Vorticity

Jan 18, 2015
I used my degree completion date.

The questions are all standard boilerplate questions so some may not make sense for your particular circumstances. You would answer "No" to this question if you were not doing full-time studying during this job. ICT is unrelated to studying unless of course there was some sort of curriculum associated with your transfer? Sounds like you were not enrolled in courses anyways regardless of what your permit says...

Almost all work permits say you can't enroll in courses. That's pretty standard. (Except for those with study/work permits)