+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Query on IELTS Score

Apr 27, 2018
Hi, I am a professional from India, who wish to immigrate via Express Entry.

My IELTS SCORE Is:

Writing - 7.5, Reading - 6, Listening- 7, Speaking - 8.5.

OVER ALL BAND SCORE IS 7.5 AND CEFR LEVEL IS CI.

On the canadaimmigration website, it is specified that minimum requirement at each level is 7.
though my reading score is 6 however over all band score is 7.5

Question: 1. Please confirm if I am eligible with the above score in express entry.
2. What is the difference between the IELTS score given by idp and CLB score mentioned on the canada
immigration website.

thanks.

Apr 27, 2018
Hi,
Please check your eligibility as per below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

As per the current draws,an applicant should get at least CLB -9 which is 7 in all three modules (RWS) and 8 in L.
Thanks for your answer it helped. How do I calculate my CLB score. Actually a lot of immigration consultants in India are cofirming that I am eligible.
So my IELTS score makes me not eligible for express entry. Right?

Adolphite

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
It's not only the IELTS score that matter. Age, experience, qualifications, education etc. Last round of invitation had the lowest CRS being about 441 or so. What's your score?

MB18

May 21, 2018
Thanks for your answer it helped. How do I calculate my CLB score. Actually a lot of immigration consultants in India are cofirming that I am eligible.
So my IELTS score makes me not eligible for express entry. Right?
Your aim is to get the best CRS score possible. A lot of factors affect your score. With regards to your IELTS, you need a score of 8777(LRWS) to get CLB 9. You can calculate your CLB acore here: https://ieltscanadatest.com/test-results/ielts-and-clb/

Its not about your eligibility but whether you will get an Invitation to Apply(ITA). Immigration Consultants will say you are eligible, which is true, but will you have a realistic chance of getting an ITA. In the current scenario, its very difficult to get an ITA with a CLB less than 9.

Last edited:

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Hi Guys,

This forum has helped me a lot.

So I'm paying forward by posting my results;

1st time: L 8.0, R 8.5, W 6.5, S 8
2 nd time: L 8.5, R 8.5, W 7.5, S 8

So only took 2nd time because of writing .

I visited Liz IELTS website, watched her videos . Practiced writing about 3 weeks. I familiarizedmy self with different essay types , practiced topics for each different type. I also practiced writing in pencil. For listening, I only used YouTube, practiced for 2 weeks.