+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Queries Regarding Fee Payment with NON-SDS Student Visa

skhilav

Apr 3, 2020
Hello everyone,

I got admitted to Master of Engineering at University of Waterloo.

I have already submitted my GIC.

How should I go about my fee payment BEFORE applying for NON-SDS category of student visa? I have a loan from MPower Finance of 20 lakhs and have more than sufficient proof of funds (personal and family) to cover my tuition and any other living costs for the entire duration of my study.

The reason I am going for NON-SDS is:
1) I do not want to spend my liquid assets as of now and want to go with MPower's loan.
2) MPower does not disburse funds before I get my visa. It has just given me a loan sanction letter.

Should I pay university fees before visa ?
Or [GIC + MPower Loan Sanction Letter (20 lakhs) + Assests (personal and family of more than 1 cr)] are sufficient ?

Regards,
Khilav

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
Hi Drsunmeet,

Thank you very much for replying. I will proceed without paying tuition fees.
Hello @skhilav
Have you applied for Visa? I am also in a similar dilemma. I have recently got my student loan approved but I am not very keen in paying my tuition fees in advance as I will incur the heavy loan interest. I am more interested in going with just showing the loan approval letter but I am also afraid at the same time that this will impact my visa decision. Could you plz share your experience.

Thanks!

skhilav

Apr 3, 2020
Hello @skhilav
Have you applied for Visa? I am also in a similar dilemma. I have recently got my student loan approved but I am not very keen in paying my tuition fees in advance as I will incur the heavy loan interest. I am more interested in going with just showing the loan approval letter but I am also afraid at the same time that this will impact my visa decision. Could you plz share your experience.

Thanks!
Hi Simmidas,

I haven't started the visa related process via the NON-SDS stream because of the whole COVID-19 situation. I have instead requested to be deferred to January.
Where did you get a loan approval from ? Bank or MPower Finance ?

adhik

Jun 1, 2021
Hi Janaraja96,

Yes I did apply for my visa and got my visa accepted.
Hey, so you opted to apply without paying right? I applied without paying because I have almost full scholarship and showed 48K CAD as proof of fund but now i'm thinking I should have paid the fee anyway so your reply would be helpful.

skhilav

Apr 3, 2020
Hey, so you opted to apply without paying right? I applied without paying because I have almost full scholarship and showed 48K CAD as proof of fund but now i'm thinking I should have paid the fee anyway so your reply would be helpful.
provided that you have uploaded everything correctly, i do not think there will be any problem in ur case.

Reactions: adhik

AslamShaikh

Feb 16, 2022
Hello everyone,

How should I go about my fee payment BEFORE applying for NON-SDS category of student visa? I have a loan from MPower Finance of 20 lakhs and have more than sufficient proof of funds (personal and family) to cover my tuition and any other living costs for the entire duration of my study.

1) I do not want to spend my liquid assets as of now and want to go with MPower's loan.
2) MPower does not disburse funds before I get my visa. It has just given me a loan sanction letter.

Or [GIC + MPower Loan Sanction Letter (20 lakhs) + Assests (personal and family of more than 1 cr)] are sufficient ?

Regards,
Khilav
HELLO khilav,
Am also thinking to apply for my student loan by M-Power finance, and i have few querries regarding the study permit process.
1. My university requires a pre-payment of 1k CAD in order to reserve my seat once am approved. So will M-power help me pay that fees as am approved in the University or do I have to manage it myself?
2. I recently learned M-power doesnt supports SDS category fees method, and it says that they will disburse the loan only after i receive my study permit, but how am I suppose to receive study permit without paying first the tution fees of my University, secondly how much times does it takes approximately to get our Study Permit if applying via NON-SDS category, also i have no proofs of funds except for the loan amount i will be applying through M-power .
3. Does M-power provides funds for flight and ticket expense as well as for the visa application?

AslamShaikh

Feb 16, 2022
Hello everyone,

Regards,
Khilav
Also, am applying for mpower loan of amount nearly 29 lakhs, which includes ( my first year tution fees, GIC, flight expenses and second year tution fees roughly not full amount), so will they approve the loan ?

Me_A

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
i got my ppr in december 2020. so its a long time back.

My timeline was:
July 2020 : applied
Aug 2020 - Nov 2020 : the file was on hold due to covid
Dec 12 2020 : biometrics appointment
Dec 25 2020 : visa approved
Did you use the mpower loan?

AslamShaikh

Feb 16, 2022
Did you use the mpower loan?
Yes same question .
Am in a similar dilemma that if i go with non-sds visa process, and use sanction letter provided by M-power and show some land record proof 7/12 document, what are the chances of my visa approval provided my IELTS overall band is 7.5 with no less than 6.5 in single module.