+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec undertaking : 30 days delay passed

NathN

May 22, 2022
Bonjour Hi!

I (Canadian PR waiting for my citizenship) have submitted for my spouse (closed work permit) a PR sponsorship to IRCC at the beginning of the year. He got his open work permit, all is good.

But the problem is that we somehow missed the deadline for Quebec. Indeed we got a letter from the IRCC to go to the paperwork on the Quebec side which says :
Provincial Requirements for Residents of Québec
As a resident of the province of Québec, you must submit an undertaking application to the Provincial
Government. To download the required forms, please consult the Ministère de l'Immigration, de la
Francisation et de l'Intégration (MIFI) website at :
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/family-reunification/index.html

Complete the required forms and promptly submit them to the MIFI at the address provided in the
provincial guide within 30 days from the date of this letter. Do not submit any of the MIFI forms to this
office as they will only be returned to you.
The problem is that we didn't realize this and this was actually 30 days ago (letter dated of April 22 and we are today May 22).

Anyone has any idea of what should we do then? Is there any "sorry form" we could submit? Shall we restart everything again?
(Feel free to respond in French or English)

Thank you for any help or tips,
Best,
Nath

RVN

May 22, 2022
Bonjour Hi!

I (Canadian PR waiting for my citizenship) have submitted for my spouse (closed work permit) a PR sponsorship to IRCC at the beginning of the year. He got his open work permit, all is good.

But the problem is that we somehow missed the deadline for Quebec. Indeed we got a letter from the IRCC to go to the paperwork on the Quebec side which says :

The problem is that we didn't realize this and this was actually 30 days ago (letter dated of April 22 and we are today May 22).

Anyone has any idea of what should we do then? Is there any "sorry form" we could submit? Shall we restart everything again?
(Feel free to respond in French or English)

Thank you for any help or tips,
Best,
Nath
I think you should still submit it, since you are going to do this form anyways in the future (if you would be reapplying upon rejection of application) then you might as well submit it now and send it in ASAP, do it with UPS delivery and signature required. Worst case is that, they wont accept it and then you could request an administrative review.
I think its a kind of form you can finish in 1 day. Didn't take that long. I hope it works out. Given the fact that they are super late in processing these days, I hope yours goes through. We submitted ours in Feb and have not heard anything yet.

NathN

May 22, 2022
Thank you so much for the response! So we tried to do it in one day and managed to send it with yesterday postal stamp!

Already realized we made a stupid mistake (on the date of our marriage...‍♀). Any idea what will happen with that? Anything we can do?

#paperworkfatigue

NathN

May 22, 2022
Thank you so much for the response! So we tried to do it in one day and managed to send it with yesterday postal stamp!

Already realized we made a stupid mistake (on the date of our marriage...‍♀). Any idea what will happen with that? Anything we can do?

#paperworkfatigue
♀ was a face-palm emoji...

majalo

May 31, 2022
I am PR applicant for Canada. I am outland applicant and my application is paper-based quebec selected skilled worker since 2019. I got an email from dakar visa office two weeks ago telling me my application has been finalized. And that i should check my CIC online account for further details. They also said in the same email that they will contact me shortly to retrieve my travelling documents from the visa office. I sent my passports since december 2021 through DHL from Cameroon. My proccupations are;
- Why up to 02 weeks after i received the finalization email, my CIC account has not been updated, no changes,
- Why up to 02 weeks they have not contacted me to notify DHL for my travel documents pickup,
- Should i assume that my travel documents are ready for pickup and go ahead to notify DHL to go and pick up the documents and send to me? Or should i just keep waiting for dakar visa office?
Please if anyone can oriented me on what to do, I will be very grateful.