- May 17, 2016
- Visa Office......
- Sydney, NS / Ottawa
- Job Offer........
- App. Filed.......
- 04-01-2016 (received on 06-01-2016)
- Doc's Request.
- 21-07-2016 (RPRF and PCC from Hong Kong)
- CSQ-PEQ-étudiant, issued: 23-12-2015, received: 30-12-2015
- AOR Received.
- Med's Request
- Med's Done....
- 04-07-2016 (submitted 13-07-2016)
- Passport Req..
- 05-01-2017 (photocopy of passport pages [visa-exempt country] + 2 recent photos); documents sent: 05-01-2017, delivered: unknown (always "out for delivery" since 09-01-2017)
- VISA ISSUED...
- Visa Exempt Country, CoPR issued: 16-01-2017, GC-key/MyCIC account finalized: 19-01-2017, return envelope activated: 20-01-2017; CoPR received: 23-01-2017
I think so. If you are considering this option, I suggest you contact the CIC (perhaps call them too to check how long it will take).cohenbrother said:Making an appointment with cic will take longer?
On that webpage of CIC http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22, it says:
"You can make an appointment at one of our offices near where you live in Canada. To do this, contact us by using this Web form.
If your permanent resident visa (or one of your family’s) expires in two months or less, please indicate that you need urgent processing."