+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Investor class

hyunjinc

Oct 21, 2009
Hello,
My parents are trying to immigrate to Quebec as a "investor", and if the Quebec government accepts them, I will be immigrating with them as their dependant child.

I have some concerns regarding the Quebec investor program.

My parents, my brother and I all are intending to settle in Quebec, and the reason why we want to apply for quebec immigration right now is because pretty soon the amount of investment will double up. However, despite the fact that we all want to settle in Quebec, we won't be able to live in Quebec for the next 3 years or so. It is mainly because both my brother and I go to University in Korea, not in Quebec. I looked up on the transfer option so that I can transfer to Mcgill, but because I am already entering 3rd year in my studies I won't be able to do it smoothly. But after those three years, once I graduate from my university, both my mom and I are interested in moving into Montreal to live and settle there. My dad and my brother will be trying to come to Montreal as best as they can, as well. Would this be okay, or do I have to start live somewhere in Quebec as soon as the PR visa is granted?

thanks...I am really looking for an advise

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think your situation would be fine because in order to keep your status as a permanent resident, you must live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period i.e minimum of 730 days physical presence in Canada at the 5-year mark. So at least in the 4th year after your initial landing date, you might have to live in Quebec in order to maintain your residency obligation.

helios

Star Member
Oct 30, 2009
steaky said:
I think your situation would be fine because in order to keep your status as a permanent resident, you must live in Canada for at least two years within a five-year period i.e minimum of 730 days physical presence in Canada at the 5-year mark. So at least in the 4th year after your initial landing date, you might have to live in Quebec in order to maintain your residency obligation.
PR residency obligation is a federal regulation, one can live anywhere in Canada to satisfy the obligatory 730 days. Once a person becomes PR he/she would be protected by the Charter of Rights and Freedom, and the mobility clause allows the person to move and to live in any province/territory in Canada. That being said, the Quebec Investor will still require an initial Quebec address to get their PR card.

librancool

Jan 28, 2011
Qubec Application to Hong kong On Investor Catagory: august 2008
Interview at Qubec Embassy in hong kong: june 2009
CSQ received: sep 2009
Federal Application sent: august 2010 to Canadian Embassy, london
Still Awaiting for Medical... 5th May 2011

???????????????????????????