+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) Landing Procedures

baronorkid

Jul 3, 2012
Hello Everybody,

Our case for the QIIP was recently approved a few days ago, I have a few questions in this regards.

Q1) Does our port of entry in Canada have to be a location in Quebec or can we enter Canada in Ontario and then travel to Quebec afterwards ?

Q2) Since we have friends in Ontario, we will most probably be staying with them for a week or so. Will be possible for us to apply for our PR card, Health card and SIN in London,ON ?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,
BaronOrkid

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) Your port of entry does not have to be in Quebec.

2) You cannot apply in Ontario. Quebec and Ontario have two completely separate health care systems. Since you will fall under the Quebec system - you must apply for your health card from Quebec (and provide a Quebec address). For your PR card, you must provide a Quebec address when you land (this is where your PR card will be sent once it's available). If you try to provide an Ontario address you could run into problems landing since you are immigrating under a Quebec program and must make this province your home.

baronorkid

Jul 3, 2012
scylla said:
1) Your port of entry does not have to be in Quebec.

2) You cannot apply in Ontario. Quebec and Ontario have two completely separate health care systems. Since you will fall under the Quebec system - you must apply for your health card from Quebec (and provide a Quebec address). For your PR card, you must provide a Quebec address when you land (this is where your PR card will be sent once it's available). If you try to provide an Ontario address you could run into problems landing since you are immigrating under a Quebec program and must make this province your home.
Thank you scylla !!!
So would I be correct in assuming that I will need to get all of requirements processed from Quebec ?
I am referring to applying for a SIN card and a driving license.

Thanks once again.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you pretty much need to do everything in Quebec. You can't get a Quebec driver's license in Ontario since they are two different provinces.

baronorkid

Jul 3, 2012
scylla said:
Yes - you pretty much need to do everything in Quebec. You can't get a Quebec driver's license in Ontario since they are two different provinces.
Yeah, I am well aware that they are two different provinces but I know people that went through QIIP and now live in Toronto.
So, I was a little confused in that regard. Thank you for the help, do you know where we could I could read up more on this ?

Thanks,
BaronOrkid

sarabi

May 25, 2011
Congratulation
Can you please share when you applied in QIIP?
Actually I also applied in September 2010, and still waiting for interview call or documents update call,

baronorkid

Jul 3, 2012
sarabi said:
Congratulation
Actually I also applied in September 2010, and still waiting for interview call or documents update call,
Thank you.
I don't remember the exact date, I can dig it out for you if you want.
From what I remember we started the application process in January of 2008.
Best of luck with your application process !

sarabi

May 25, 2011
You are luck,
I have been tracking Canada immigration forums and keep watching changes in policies, but not getting any response, QIIP even closed and most of peoples believe that QIIP will settle all pending cases latest by this year, so hope for the best,
Anyone in this form share if they receive any update in investor category

baronorkid

Jul 3, 2012
sarabi said:
You are luck,
I have been tracking Canada immigration forums and keep watching changes in policies, but not getting any response, QIIP even closed and most of peoples believe that QIIP will settle all pending cases latest by this year, so hope for the best,
Anyone in this form share if they receive any update in investor category
Sarabi,

Luck doesn't have too much to do with it !
We waited nearly five years for this, so just hang in there !
The expected processing time is now 48 months (London office), so hopefully you wont have to wait longer than Sept 2014.

Janie

Jul 19, 2012
I received the reference number last Oct. And got the notice of waiting for the interview this March.
Now waiting for further info.
Does anyone know how longer it might take?
I applied at Hongkong office as a Chinese citizen.
Thanks a lot! :)

sarabi

May 25, 2011
Dear All
Those who applied in QIIP, kindly keep updating our reader about their file status,
It will help us to understand the situation

jsef

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
sarabi said:
Congratulation
Sarabi, when you say you are yet to have your interview, is it safe for me to understand that you still do not have a CSQ?
If so, that's strange. We applied at the beginning of 2009, had an interview in Nov. 09, got our CSQ in Jan '10.

morenawella

Oct 23, 2012
Hi,
I made the required investment under QIIP 800K on April 2012, and get my CSQ on May 2012. I sent my file as requested to the visa office of Paris to process the Canadian Visa (PR) on 5th of June 2012.
What is the estimated period to get the visa knowing that I didn't have yet a call for the medical examination?.
Thanks for your feedback.

sarabi

May 25, 2011
I applied in September 2010, in last category where net worth should be CAD$ 800000.00, my document acceptance received in December 2010,
In August 2012, I receive letter for submit updated documents, and send all updated information in September 2012, now waiting for interview call
If anyone have any update please share this information included case detail & duration,

Leo12

Oct 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
morenawella said:
Hi,
I made the required investment under QIIP 800K on April 2012, and get my CSQ on May 2012. I sent my file as requested to the visa office of Paris to process the Canadian Visa (PR) on 5th of June 2012.
What is the estimated period to get the visa knowing that I didn't have yet a call for the medical examination?.
Thanks for your feedback.
Dear,
Did you get any update from CIO?
Please share if you don't mind.
Leo12.