+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec De facto or Marriage Sponsorship Timeline Sharing

Duck23

Jun 13, 2020
Montreal
I want you to share your story if you succeeded to get your pr in QC from De facto and marriage and share with me what's different from the other provinces please.
I also want to know how to get married in QC.

I'm also having a few questions.
1. Will they accept too, even though we are 22~23 years old.
2. Marriage is more certain than de facto?
3. We'll graduate cegep and do that, my boyfriend who is Quebecer will work after that, but I'd like to study more in university. How do you think married 24 girl being in uni, would that be weird for you? I just want to ask your opinions.
4. Will I be able to change my last name as my husband if I'm married? I heard they don't allow people to, but I'm having East Asian last name, so I'd like to change it. Do you think court would allow me to do?

Duck23

Jun 13, 2020
Montreal
your case is different than mine since your boyfriend is from Canada, but I just want to reassure you, me and my common law spouse are 25/26, and we were able to prove our common law marriage and I was able to get both of our CSQs as the principal applicant. We’re currently waiting at the federal stage. Even before getting CSQ, I managed to get him a work permit attached to my post graduate

i did gather a ton of documents though and if you don’t have these documents, then marriage is typically easier. We had a few set of bills, a joint account, INTERAC historical expenses, photos together to show how long we’d been dating etc, letter from my employer stating that he’s a beneficiary on my life insurance etc.

what could be more difficult in your case is proving that your boyfriend has sufficient funds to support you both, since he’d be fresh out of CEGEP.

Age doesn’t matter if you can prove that you’ve lived together for at least a year. As for studying, I’m not sure how it works for de facto spouses of Canadian citizens, but you’re not supposed to be studying with a CSQ as it’s supposed to be for people who will contribute to the economy and work. Again your case might be different from that aspect since you’d be sponsored by a Canadian
so, I gotta apply for PR after I obtain my CSQ