Quebec: CAQ vs CSQ having a job offer

Raw_Know

May 21, 2017
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi,
I would like to know whether below options are legal and which ways are faster to start working for the job you have been offered and apply for PR later:

Option 1:
a. Apply for Work Permit (CAQ)
b. Concurrently apply for FSW simultaneously with LMIA of Quebec ( which adds extra 50 points) but intent to live in Toronto which takes total point above current cut off for PR from outside Canada.
c. After PR, Land in Ottawa and take a cab to the place in Quebec as CSQ is not there

Option 2:
b. Start working in Quebec
c. Apply for FSW with LMIA of Quebec ( which adds extra 50 points) but intent to live in Toronto which takes total point above current cut off for PR from inside Canada.

Option 3:
b. Start working in Quebec and complete 1 year of service and extend work permit for extra days required to stay
c. After 1 yr apply for Canada Experience Class (CEC) with LMIA of Quebec but intent to live in Toronto for PR.

Option 4:
b. Start working in Quebec
c. Apply for CSQ and then CIC from inside Quebec for PR

Option 5:
a. Apply for CSQ and then CIC from outside Canada for PR with a Quebec job offer

Also what will be the average processing time for each options?

piyushsunny

Apr 17, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi,
Do you have any further information regarding this. I have a job offer without LMIA and in the process of FSW. Is CSQ mandatory for working in Quebec or once I get the PR I am eligible to work in any province of Canada.

Are there any facilities linked with CSQ?

Raw_Know

May 21, 2017
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi,
I am currently working in Quebec under work permit.
If you have PR , then you can work anywhere in Canada.
If you do not have PR , then you need work permit.
To apply for work permit , you need a job offer and LMIA ( provided job is not LMIA exempt)
For Quebec , you need CAQ as extra and not CSQ.

I believe with CSQ, you can extend you stay.

piyushsunny

Apr 17, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi,
I am currently working in Quebec under work permit.
If you have PR , then you can work anywhere in Canada.
If you do not have PR , then you need work permit.
To apply for work permit , you need a job offer and LMIA ( provided job is not LMIA exempt)
For Quebec , you need CAQ as extra and not CSQ.

I believe with CSQ, you can extend you stay.
Thank you for the information. So if I get the PR through FSW EE, I can work and reside in Quebec. Is that what you mean? And do I need to apply for CSQ to get benefits like public health insurance etc.

Raw_Know

May 21, 2017
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Yes with PR , you can work and stay in Quebec. If you have PR through EE , you will get health card of Quebec. Extra CSQ is not required.
Even under work permit I have a heath card but with less privileges.