+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quandry..............

Norfolk in Chance

Jan 24, 2008
Hi,

Quick question with regards to the 'Obligation of PR once landed'. What are the rules as to landing status? I ask this in the light of the following:-

I have recenctly recieved a 'letter of approval' to a specific provence's PNP program, and am now looking at finalising all the documents for final processing here.

However, I work for a global company within which I am very happy, and would like to continue pushing their products for my forseeible future. Problem is that my PNP confirmed job offer takes me out of this and puts me into a different product manufacturer (whose products I am less exited about!). This would involve at least 12-18months retraining on how the products work + key benefits! Natuarally sticking with what I already know well is one less hurdle whilst trying to acclimatise to a completely new environment and way of living!

I do though have another job offer at the same manufacturing company that I work for now (and family - but none close enough for sponsorship) in another Provence! Within which I do feel that I might settle more easily and set up a better homelife infrastructure.

My question thus is "what are the obligations to residing in the Provence that has approved your PR status", particularly in light of the whole 'its not the ideal job offer for me anymore' scenario?

If you can switch Provences immediately upon landing, how does that work with immigration? Would they be disatisfied - and remove my status? Plus could you land in the desired Province straight away, or must you first land in the PR PNP approved Provence and transfer out?

I appreciate this is confussing, but any help would be great! PMM/Thaiguy.... any wisened thoughts?

Cheers

MO

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Norfolk in Chance said:
Hi,

Quick question with regards to the 'Obligation of PR once landed'. What are the rules as to landing status? I ask this in the light of the following:-

I have recenctly recieved a 'letter of approval' to a specific provence's PNP program, and am now looking at finalising all the documents for final processing here in the UK.

However, I work for a global company within which I am very happy, and would like to continue pushing their products for my forseeible future. Problem is that my PNP confirmed job offer takes me out of this and puts me into a different product manufacturer (whose products I am less exited about!). This would involve at least 12-18months retraining on how the products work + key features! Natuarally sticking with what I already know well is one less hurdle whilst trying to acclimatise to a completely new environment and way of living!

I do though have another job offer at the same manufacturing company that I work for now (and family - but none close enough for sponsorship) in another, shall we say 'more inhabited' provence! Within which I do feel that I would settle more easily and set up a better homelife infrastructure.

My question thus is "what are the obligations to residing in the Provence that has approved your PR status", particularly in light of the whole 'its not the perfect job offer for me anymore' scenario?

If you can jump provences immediately upon landing, how does that work with immigration? Would they be disatisfied - and remove my status? Plus could you land in the desired province straight away, or must you first land in the PR PNP approved Provence and transfer out?

I appreciate this is confussing, but any help would be great! PMM/Thaiguy.... any wisened thoughts?

Cheers

MO
Read the PNP agreement, you have to make an attempt to settle in the province that nominated. If you don't, they have the right to lift the PNP certificate, at which point CIC would probably get involved and could remove your PR status.

PMM