+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QSW application timeline @ Montreal QC

hjf123

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hi,
I submitted my QSW application yesterday in Montreal QC, and I wonder how long will I get the preliminary review? and how long for the document list? and for the CSQ also?

Thanks!

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
Hi,
I submitted my QSW application yesterday in Montreal QC, and I wonder how long will I get the preliminary review? and how long for the document list? and for the CSQ also?

Thanks!
There is only 1 person who can answer this question, but trust me he will not ;);) - That person is GOD

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Depends on which program -PEQ or regular QSW-, whether the application was complete, most likely depends on your country of origin etc.
I got my CSQ in 2016 in 6 months from regular QSW category, now someone I know is waiting almost for 14 months with no news. Both inland applications, but different profiles (country of origin, countries lived in, language skills, family status, education....). So it is very hard to predict. Things slowed down last year.

hjf123

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Depends on which program -PEQ or regular QSW-, whether the application was complete, most likely depends on your country of origin etc.
I got my CSQ in 2016 in 6 months from regular QSW category, now someone I know is waiting almost for 14 months with no news. Both inland applications, but different profiles (country of origin, countries lived in, language skills, family status, education....). So it is very hard to predict. Things slowed down last year.
Thanks for the information! :)

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
Yes you are absolutely right, I understand one thing, If you have patience lots of patience then apply for QSW or else go for Express Entry, because quebec immigration is more concerned about refugees then people who are living in quebec and paying taxes in quebec.

This is so sad but true.

Reactions: CEC_CSQ and hjf123

CEC_CSQ

Dec 29, 2017
You will be better off moving out of Quebec and take your talent elsewhere. Quebec seriously has no intentions to retain talents, only refugees from their French colonies. Express Entry will be your fastest option. If you want to suffer like us, go ahead with QSW. If Quebec continues this, I would have to agree with Trump who recently said people from ****** countries.

hjf123

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
You will be better off moving out of Quebec and take your talent elsewhere. Quebec seriously has no intentions to retain talents, only refugees from their French colonies. Express Entry will be your fastest option. If you want to suffer like us, go ahead with QSW. If Quebec continues this, I would have to agree with Trump who recently said people from ****** countries.
How's your status right now? Still waiting? Are you living in Quebec now? :)))

CEC_CSQ

Dec 29, 2017
How's your status right now? Still waiting? Are you living in Quebec now? :)))
My status is, I sent documents after getting the checklist on December 2017 (waited almost an year to get checklist) . No response from MIDI after that. Yes I am in Montreal now.

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
Hi,

Thanks!
expect at least a 6-9 months wait before you receive the checklist. It could be shorter depending on how they plan to process the files in 2018

Reactions: hjf123

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
My status is, I sent documents after getting the checklist on December 2017 (waited almost an year to get checklist) . No response from MIDI after that. Yes I am in Montreal now.
seems we are in The same stage, sent The documents package to midi and got The aor, then nothing, only wait...

Dhana1

Mar 1, 2018
Me too.. i got list of doc to sent on dec. i sent docs on feb and waiting

sishaikh

Oct 11, 2016
Hi, Request you to please share the document checklist as it will help me in preparing it. Im still waiting for checklist my AOT is Aug 2016.

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Hi, Request you to please share the document checklist as it will help me in preparing it. Im still waiting for checklist my AOT is Aug 2016.
The document list is determined for each applicant separately, and some people need to submit different documents than others. But you can start preparing the obvious ones: birth certificate, diplomas, passport copy, employment certificates etc. and have them translated unless already fully in English or French (including stamps!!!!).
This is an old document list from 2015 but it gives you an idea of what they may ask from you: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/documents-dcs-en-dyn.pdf