+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Qatar PCC is stayed on Business visa

Visaforcanada

Nov 17, 2017
Hi experts, Need opinion . I stayed in Qatar on Business visa each time for 1 month. Now I have got ITA do I need to get PCC from Qatar. My combined duration was more than six months and never at stretch and on business visa only. Please suggest. I see process is quite tedious.

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017
Hi experts, Need opinion . I stayed in Qatar on Business visa each time for 1 month. Now I have got ITA do I need to get PCC from Qatar. My combined duration was more than six months and never at stretch and on business visa only. Please suggest. I see process is quite tedious.
Brother - Were you able to get response? I am almost on the same problem..Unable to get any direction.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Brother - Were you able to get response? I am almost on the same problem..Unable to get any direction.
"Unable to get any direction" - can you explain?

Have you read IRCC instructions?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/qatar.html

Have you contacted the Qatar Embassy in Ottawa?
http://ottawa.embassy.qa/en/servicess/services

I understand that one of the requirements for the Qatar PCC is a residence permit and you don't have one, but what exactly have you done to "get any direction?"

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017
"Unable to get any direction" - can you explain?

Have you read IRCC instructions?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/qatar.html

Yes, even the instructions lists 'Qatari ID'. In my case, I do not have one as I was only on Visitor visa. Can one assume on this that visitor visa candidates do not have to get the PCC from Qatar?

Have you contacted the Qatar Embassy in Ottawa?
http://ottawa.embassy.qa/en/servicess/services
No, but I contacted two embassy's in Pakistan in different cities, both have verbally agreed to say that it is not required, however, refuses to put in writing. Interestingly, when I contacted them again yesterday one of the official said it is required ! It seems there is no clear policy on the PCC for the Embassy, as one states no and the other says yes. anyways, either way both have given a different set of document list, and completely different views on PCC. This will be the last resort as they also mentioned that time duration for the issuance is not confirmed can take 2-4 months. I would not want to go thru this route initially.

I understand that one of the requirements for the Qatar PCC is a residence permit and you don't have one, but what exactly have you done to "get any direction?"
a. I have called IRCC from outside - that does not work
b. Tried contacting the Consulate in Pakistan several times - No help as this is specifically CIC related.
c. Tried to get a friend to speak to the CIC authorities, but they need the applicant to wait until they are asked for the PCC .
d. Tried several times to reach the Qatar government on this, even they are not giving clear directions. It is more like yes, if you want we will see, send documents via post and wait for reply. I do not have any one in Qatar who can submit package on my behalf.

Since yesterday below is the update: To sum it all: Now this is the major concern.

Eventually was able to get my story thru to someone in the Qatar department, he mentioned to me that PCC is a requirement. Now the problem is that since my visits were not continuous he will not provide the PCC with full tenure e.g. Jan till Dec although I was in country for most of the time above 180 days but not straight. Checking with friends and fora I understand that PCC should cover all the dates in which the person was in country.

But in Qatar case, they say they will put only the last trip on the PCC and NOT include the previous 14-15 trips dates (each 25 -28 days long). The last was for only 06 days :S this is the one which he agrees to insert.

Will CIC object to this? I heard from people on forum that based on PCC not covering the full period, and even a day of miss can result in rejection!! So I'm freaking out.

I really appreciate your response to me on this forum, Thank you very much. Will you be able to guide me on this issue (specially the the last three paras?)

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017
@jes_ON - One more small thing:

I noted that the entry and exit stamps on passport for Saudi Arabia are in Arabic, is there a need to get them translated?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
a. I have called IRCC from outside - that does not work
b. Tried contacting the Consulate in Pakistan several times - No help as this is specifically CIC related. ??
c. Tried to get a friend to speak to the CIC authorities, No need - instructions are on their website.
d. Tried several times to reach the Qatar government on this, even they are not giving clear directions. It is more like yes, if you want we will see, send documents via post and wait for reply. I do not have any one in Qatar who can submit package on my behalf.

I appreciate your frustration, so bear with me if you have already done this -

IRCC instructions are to apply through the the Embassy serving your region of residence. Go to this link, scroll to the bottom and click on "Issuance of Good Conduct Certificate" -
http://islamabad.embassy.qa/en/services/consular-services#issuance-of-to-whom-it-may-concern-certificate

Those are the instructions you must follow. There are two possible outcomes: (1) If you follow those instructions and obtain a valid PCC, then - all is good. (2) If you follow those instructions and cannot get the PCC, then you have taken necessary steps, you write a letter of explanation and provide proof, and request an exemption.

Most likely you will have to request the exemption, since according to IRCCs own instructions for non-citizen, non-residents, you need to provide the old residence permit and you never had one - therefore, you cannot get the PCC. You will need to quote IRCC's instructions back to them, as well as the Embassy's responses to your efforts.

You will see that there is an email address - islamabad@mofa.gov.qa - this is important because if you cannot get the PCC, you will have to prove that you tried and were unable to. This is much easier to do if you communicate in writing than if you communicate by telephone. Nonetheless, you can keep a log of telephone calls you made, dates, times, outcomes - and provide that as documentation too.

I will say it again - DOCUMENT all your efforts to obtain the PCC, and the reasons you are unable to.

Since yesterday below is the update: To sum it all: Now this is the major concern.

Eventually was able to get my story thru to someone in the Qatar department, he mentioned to me that PCC is a requirement. Now the problem is that since my visits were not continuous he will not provide the PCC with full tenure e.g. Jan till Dec although I was in country for most of the time above 180 days but not straight. Checking with friends and fora I understand that PCC should cover all the dates in which the person was in country.

But in Qatar case, they say they will put only the last trip on the PCC and NOT include the previous 14-15 trips dates (each 25 -28 days long). The last was for only 06 days :S this is the one which he agrees to insert.

Will CIC object to this? I heard from people on forum that based on PCC not covering the full period, and even a day of miss can result in rejection!! So I'm freaking out.

Correct, that PCC will not help you. The PCC must cover the entire period from your first entry to your last exit. If it does not , it is not valid for IRCC's purposes.

This may help -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=035&top=4

You are not the only one in this position - there is a recent thread for people who worked in Dubai. Happens all the time, most often to people who are non-citizen, non-resident of the country.

As for the entry - exit stamps - you usually do not need to provide those to IRCC, but if you end up requesting an exemption, you should provide alternative documentation of your dates and places in Qatar, what you were doing there (Name of employer, contact info / reference), and your entry/exit stamps would be good to add. If you do, then translation may be necessary.

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017
Brother - Thanks a ton !!

I appreciate your sincere efforts to go in to my post in detail and respond accordingly.

I will follow the advice, and shall start documenting all correspondence.

Please let me bother you again here in future. : ) God bless you.

Reactions: jes_ON