I had applied for my PRTD in the end of June. PRTD applications in Singapore need to go through VFS.
I did the following
- Downloaded the forms needed from the website and filled them up even before going to Singapore.
- Went down to VFS Singapore to confirm the documents needed, the amount to pay and where to send the application. There is a PRTD processing fee that needs to be paid online and additional charges that need to be paid to VFS. The application needs to be mailed to VFS. You can probably call them as well but I was more comfortable talking to them in person.
- Mailed my application to VFS (using speed post). Depending on the time you go to the post office, the delivery is usually done the next day. Once VFS receives the application, they give you a tracking number that you can use to track the progress of your application.
- VFS sends the application to the embassy. I got a notification that my PRTD was approved 2 days after VFS sent it to the Embassy.
- After 2 more days, I got my passport. Took 1 day for the embassy to return my passport to VFS and 1 more day for VFS to courier my passport to me.
So, in total, I got my passport in 5 days time.