+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proving Work Experience for PR Application

farhan10

Apr 1, 2020
Hi,

I just graduated from a 4-year undergraduate university program and applied for my PGWP. I recently received an informal job offer for a contract position at my University. I am pretty sure the position falls under at least NOC B. How can I make sure that the position is under a certain NOC level? I know I can check the job description and compare it to the descriptions under different NOC levels. However, is there a better way of knowing my NOC? I just want to make sure that the position is at least NOC B in order to avoid any surprises when applying for PR.

Also, I believe I need to have at least 1 year of work experience in order to be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class pathway. Does this work experience have to be continuous? i.e can I accumulate multiple short term contract jobs to that 1 year of experience? Possibly with breaks in between?

For example, I just received a 2-month contract job offer. Will I be able to use this experience towards my 1 year?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Hi,

I just graduated from a 4-year undergraduate university program and applied for my PGWP. I recently received an informal job offer for a contract position at my University. I am pretty sure the position falls under at least NOC B. How can I make sure that the position is under a certain NOC level? I know I can check the job description and compare it to the descriptions under different NOC levels. However, is there a better way of knowing my NOC? I just want to make sure that the position is at least NOC B in order to avoid any surprises when applying for PR.

Also, I believe I need to have at least 1 year of work experience in order to be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class pathway. Does this work experience have to be continuous? i.e can I accumulate multiple short term contract jobs to that 1 year of experience? Possibly with breaks in between?

For example, I just received a 2-month contract job offer. Will I be able to use this experience towards my 1 year?
Your work experience does not have to be continuous for CEC. Your skill level is what matters the most.

Reactions: farhan10

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

You can ask your HR person, or post the description here.

Also, I believe I need to have at least 1 year of work experience in order to be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class pathway.

Correct.

Does this work experience have to be continuous? No.

i.e can I accumulate multiple short term contract jobs to that 1 year of experience? Possibly with breaks in between?
Yes

Probably, if it is a skilled NOC.

Reactions: farhan10