+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proving intent to return to Canada

dtcom

Jun 25, 2010
I am planning to sponsor my wife to Canada. we are currently living in US and I am working here on TN visa.

One of the forms asks for proving my intent to return to Canada when my wife gets her PR card. I am planning to return to Canada to start my own business and have registered a company as well. I do not have an offce space in Canada yet. We are planning to stay with a close friend when right after we move back.

My question is that is apart from showing my business in Canada what else do I need to show as proof of my intent to return?

Also is there a sample letter/settlement plan letter I can view to get some help in writing one?

Thanks in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Examples of proof of intent to Canada includes: rental/lease/property purchase agreement and employment contract/university admission letter.

You also read the older post below for further reference:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t42694.0.html

I

iarblue

On page 2 of the sponsor questionaire it states exactly what they would need to be convienced you were going to reside in canada after the PR is issued to your spouse.

ChristyandRob

Mar 26, 2010
Nova Scotia, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2010
File Transfer...
23-04-2010
Med's Done....
19-02-2010
Passport Req..
09-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
We signed up to Monster.ca and printed off the profile page plus copies of job applications we sent off through that site and direct to employers. We also included copies of moving company quotes and responses from rental agencies / landlords to say thanks for the contact - please get in contact closer to the time. Also a notarised letter from my boyfriend's (common law partner's) father to say he was aware we were returning and to offer accommodation until we find a place of our own if we need it.

As additional evidence, we included our planned actions for settlement in our written intentions letter - a copy of the one we sent can be found at this link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t44162.0.html