+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds

mkamran

May 1, 2006
UAE
Hi there,

May I show Account Balance Letter fom bank in my home country as proof of funds? Or otherwise what are the best options to convince officials at the port of entry?

Awaiting your advise.

Regards

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mkamran said:
Hi there,

May I show Account Balance Letter fom bank in my home country as proof of funds? Or otherwise what are the best options to convince officials at the port of entry?

Awaiting your advise.

Regards
Currency has to be convertible, CIC will accept bank statement (that day) from US/Canadian/Banks, Europe a little iffy, others, you will need cashiers check (takes 30 days to process) travellers cheques or cash.

PMM

rthaniks

Apr 19, 2004
cashiers check or travellers check in Canadian $ or US $ ?

Hi PMM ,

I am planning to land in Canada from Buffalo, NY thro Buffalo border using rental car. To show them the proof of fund, do I need to take the cashier's check or travellers check in Canadian $ or US $ ?

Also, can I cross the Buffalo border at any time or any specifc time.Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: cashiers check or travellers check in Canadian $ or US

Hi

rthaniks said:
Hi PMM ,

I am planning to land in Canada from Buffalo, NY thro Buffalo border using rental car. To show them the proof of fund, do I need to take the cashier's check or travellers check in Canadian $ or US $ ?

Also, can I cross the Buffalo border at any time or any specifc time.Thanks
1. Thats fine or that days ATM printout showing your balance.
2. Anytme, after midnight, you might have to wait a while for Imm. Off.

PMM

mkamran

May 1, 2006
UAE
Would the US Bank's letter from the UAE be acceptable, about the funds in my current account around a week before landing? or is it required to have an account either in US or Canada?

Appreciate your response.

Regards,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mkamran said:
Would the US Bank's letter from the UAE be acceptable, about the funds in my current account around a week before landing? or is it required to have an account either in US or Canada?

Appreciate your response.

Regards,
If the funds are in US dollars and they accessable through an ATM in Canada. Immigration, may require you to go to an ATM in the airport to prove that you can asscess the funds.

PMM

mkamran

May 1, 2006
UAE
Thanks PMM for your guidance.

Fund would certainly be available over ATM anywhere in the world, however the account would be in a currency convertible into USD (UAE Dirhams), and not in USD.

Would it be ok? or there is a risk factor?

Regards

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mkamran said:
Thanks PMM for your guidance.

Fund would certainly be available over ATM anywhere in the world, however the account would be in a currency convertible into USD (UAE Dirhams), and not in USD.

Would it be ok? or there is a risk factor?

Regards
Yes, Immigration will probably not consider Dirham as convertible currency.

PMM

asm

May 30, 2006
Immigration officers at busy airports where a lot of immigrants land do ask for proof for funds and they do count the money too in case of asian immigrants...

But when I landed at Halifax airport in December 2003 at around 8pm no one asked me for the funds and when I declared my funds as you have to declare the funds if it is more than $10000 the custom officals were surprized and were asking why I'm having that much money than I told them that that is required by law for new immigrants...but none from immigration officers asked for anything...

This is only because Halifax airport dont get much immigrants...most of the immigrants land either at Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary or at ottawa and immigration officals over there knew about the whole requirments. But if you land at Saint Johns, NFL or Halifax, NS then chances are that you may not face tough questions.

Best of Luck

mkamran

May 1, 2006
UAE
Is it necessary to show proof of all funds at your first entry? as I plan a short visit initially for my landing and would return to wind up stuff back at home and conclude my job, which may take up to a year.

Are the officials very strict in getting exact amount as required for landing or probably a decent amount would work?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mkamran said:
Is it necessary to show proof of all funds at your first entry? as I plan a short visit initially for my landing and would return to wind up stuff back at home and conclude my job, which may take up to a year.

Are the officials very strict in getting exact amount as required for landing or probably a decent amount would work?

Thanks
Yes you have to show proof of funds at your first entry when you land.

PMM