+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds requirements - Explained

N3ags

Nov 25, 2015
Hi all

Question on landing and PoF.

Do you physically have to have the minimum funds on you when landing for the 1st time (i.e. cheque / cash etc), or do you just have to prove you have the funds in your bank of original country through a statement only? (not finalised yet -but planning to close bank accounts at later date and bring enough to 'get by' for a few weeks, which isn't enough for the minimum amount)

Thanks in advance!

dyez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Philippines
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
Hundreds have gotten PPR with this setup.
Has anyone had issues showing POF as primary applicant's account and a portion from the spouse's account? Thanks!

dyez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Philippines
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
me and wife are having joint bank account. will it be ok to show POF?
Yep. You can provide notarized declaration from spouse saying that you are the primary account owner and that you can use the funds however you wish.

Reactions: sa83

Cai21

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hundreds have gotten PPR with this setup.
I was asking because I read in other FB groups that IRCC's website updated July 18th and they eliminated spouse/joint account as allowable POF. Also, immigration lawyer, Mark Holthe confirmed it as well. Have you heard of this?

dyez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Philippines
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
I was asking because I read in other FB groups that IRCC's website updated July 18th and they eliminated spouse/joint account as allowable POF. Also, immigration lawyer, Mark Holthe confirmed it as well. Have you heard of this?
Someone with June AOR had some funds in spouse's name and is now in IP2 awaiting PPR. If what you're saying is true, perhaps it will apply only to the new batches of ITA

Cai21

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Someone with June AOR had some funds in spouse's name and is now in IP2 awaiting PPR. If what you're saying is true, perhaps it will apply only to the new batches of ITA
Thank you for the info. I'm still going to submit my husband's investment with an LOE that I will have access to these funds. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it will suffice. Majority of the funds is in my account anyway.

nomik

Jun 4, 2017
Hello all,

I have my landing interview at the Etobicoke office in a few days. Regarding POF, is it ok if, instead of bank statements I initially submitted upon applying (FSW - Inland), I provide a job offer I received last month as well as an employment letter on behalf of my wife, who's here on an open work permit?

Thank you in advance.

dyez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Philippines
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
Thank you for the info. I'm still going to submit my husband's investment with an LOE that I will have access to these funds. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it will suffice. Majority of the funds is in my account anyway.
Just to make sure, I suggest you provide a notarized declaration from your husband stating that you are free to use the funds under his name for your immigration to Canada

paryant22

Mar 12, 2016
Hi all,

I have recieved ITA and currently in the process of collecting documents for submitting my eAPR.

I had a question -

Prior to getting ITA in my CIC form I had declared to get CAD 20,000 in proof of funds (2 family members).

Things are tight financially, now can I show the funds as CAD 15,312 as that is the official funds which CIC expects for 2 family members.

If I change the proof of funds to CAD 15,312 as per CIC requirements, will my ITA get affected, as i committed CAD 20,000 initially.

Please advise.

dyez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Philippines
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
Hi all,

I have recieved ITA and currently in the process of collecting documents for submitting my eAPR.

I had a question -

Prior to getting ITA in my CIC form I had declared to get CAD 20,000 in proof of funds (2 family members).

Things are tight financially, now can I show the funds as CAD 15,312 as that is the official funds which CIC expects for 2 family members.

If I change the proof of funds to CAD 15,312 as per CIC requirements, will my ITA get affected, as i committed CAD 20,000 initially.

Please advise.
As long as your funds still meet the minimum, you're fine.

Rezwan08

Star Member
Jul 23, 2017
Hello experts,

I have few questions. I know that I don't have to provide any proof of funds if I am applying under CEC (only the letter of explanation ), but I am going to apply with my spouse so in that case do I need to provide any settlement funds/proof of funds for her ? If yes then what would be the amount for that settlement funds ? She can provide her bank statements on her name from back home by converting into CAD funds.But I was wondering whether I have to show funds for her or not.I am currently employed , not sure my pay stubs are enough for both of us when I get the ITA.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

dyez

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Philippines
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
06-07-2017
Hi guys!

I got PPR and I'll be landing in Canada in the next few months.

My question is, for my settlement funds to bring with me, should I bring only USD/CAD? Or am I allowed to bring the entire settlement funds in my country's currency? I'm from the Philippines and using my settlement funds to buy USD/CAD will bring down the value of my money and I'll lose quite a significant amount--enough to make me not meet the minimum requirements for immigration. However, if I bring money in my currency and use the general average currency conversion to calculate the approximate value of my currency in CAD, I will meet the minimum and even go a bit beyond.

Please advise. Thank you!

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
the moment we receive ITA the bank statement needs to show 6 months right ? okay so they expect the proof of funds amount to be there during the whole 6 months priori to application ? or it just has to be there at the moment we apply considering the fact a gift deed was already established like 4 months before the application and there were times where amount was less than required !

Ravichandran

May 30, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I have got my ITA via CEC and I have a question regarding my POF. Should I include my Walmart/Canadian Tire Credit card statements in my POFs?

pp604977

Aug 18, 2017
Hello,

My question is real simple as compared to other folks I read through.

I have enough balance to show in one bank account with a letter and past statements. Question is regarding Credit Cards. My bank didnt include Credit Card info in my letter. So, do I need to include credit card in my application? If it's needed, can I just show them past 6-12 month credit card statements.

Thanks in advance.