+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds - ITA

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
Is a letter from the bank really required or would a 6 month bank statement suffice?

My lawyer says that the bank statement is enough and that he's never submitted a letter for any client, however, on the official website there is no mention of a bank statement, they are requesting a letter only. I have no problem getting the letter, but I am not sure what to ask the bank for, what is it called? If anyone has an experience with ADCB (it is where I am keeping the savings) that would be helpful to.

On the other hand, I have accounts in other banks too, do I need to get any letters from them to prove that I don't have a loan etc?

Thanks

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
My letter was pretty much useless since it didn't specify the exact amount, only "xx figures". So my lawyer just submitted 6 months bank statements with an LOE.

You only need to statements from one bank account, but it better be the one you receive your salary with.
And it was fine? What did the LOE say? What justification was provided for not getting the letter?

LadyMacbeth

Star Member
Feb 7, 2020
It said something along the lines of:

Applicant has a savings account with Y bank with XXX money, equivalent to XXX CAD. The money is readily available to him.
Applicant has asked his bank to provide a reference letter but the letter does not clearly show the required balance. We have 6 months of bank statements attached to this letter. The balance for each months is as follows:

January XXX
February XXX
June XXX

Average balance over 6 months is XXX (XXX CAD)

Please find the following documents attached to this letter:

- bank statements (January to June)

I'm just paraphrasing because the actual letter is at home with the rest of the documents.

PS: assuming you have hired a proper Canadian immigration lawyer, I would do whatever he suggests instead of asking a bunch of strangers on the internet.
Immigration lawyers say all sorts of contradicting things. It is common sense to search for ourselves and learn from other people's experiences.