+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of funds - bank statements

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
hi guys, is presenting bank statements from 2 different countries acceptable? In my case UK bank statement (within 6 months) with substantial sum of money and bank statement from present country. The sum of both exceeds the $11,115 needed as POF. Please fill me in.

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
mandiebraxton,

I also included a proof letter from my bank in addition to the bank statements. This letter mentioned my last year account average and the last 6 months.

Regards,
Rod

mandiebraxton said:
hi guys, is presenting bank statements from 2 different countries acceptable? In my case UK bank statement (within 6 months) with substantial sum of money and bank statement from present country. The sum of both exceeds the $11,115 needed as POF. Please fill me in.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Is it absolutely clear to anyone looking at your documents that the funds in the UK account are STILL in that account and have not been transferred to the account in your present country? To be on the safe side, it may be a good idea to include an explanation of the reason for accounts in two countries as well as UP TO DATE statements showing balances of BOTH accounts for the past six months.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Thanks Pippin...the simple reason is transferability of funds and ability to make card and online payments. There aint such facilities in my present country. For example payment to CIO would be made with my UK debit card instead of the other methods. I can use my UK cards in Canada which is not the same for the ones from here (cannot be used outside. are my reasons plausible enough?
Now I am getting worried about having statements from 2 different countries.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Your explanation makes perfect sense. I wanted to reflect back to you how it might appear to someone who did not know the details. The way I read it, it was possible to think you had $7,000 in a UK account then moved $4,000 to an account in another country to make the $11,000. That was why I thought the two statements should prove they contained consistent funding. I don't think there should be concern about the fact the money is in two countries, rather that using a statement "within the last 6 months" does not prove that money is still there. I would have the same questions in my mind if the accounts were both in the UK. I hope this helps.

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
I doubt they will give you a hard time on this specially if you have lived in both countries. For example I have always kept my savings in the US and not in my home country just because of the instability of my home country's currency. After all its a global economy. Having accounts in different country's is no crime!

Relax ;D

mandiebraxton said:
Thanks Pippin...the simple reason is transferability of funds and ability to make card and online payments. There aint such facilities in my present country. For example payment to CIO would be made with my UK debit card instead of the other methods. I can use my UK cards in Canada which is not the same for the ones from here (cannot be used outside. are my reasons plausible enough?
Now I am getting worried about having statements from 2 different countries.