+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of Funds at PoE

gocanada963

Star Member
Feb 24, 2009
Seniors
I am planning to enter Canada by road sometime next week. Since we are a family of three, we need to show proof of ~$18000 CAD. This we have already submitted during our application stages.

Can anyone detail how do we provide a proof of fund at the PoE? Is it required that we need to take all the money we disclosed during our application process? How do I show the money, cash or TC? Also- can that be in USD.

I plan to return to the USA after completing the landing formalities. Can I carry these TCs back at that time? Thank You

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

gocanada963 said:
Seniors
I am planning to enter Canada by road sometime next week. Since we are a family of three, we need to show proof of ~$18000 CAD. This we have already submitted during our application stages.

Can anyone detail how do we provide a proof of fund at the PoE? Is it required that we need to take all the money we disclosed during our application process? How do I show the money, cash or TC? Also- can that be in USD.

I plan to return to the USA after completing the landing formalities. Can I carry these TCs back at that time? Thank You
Cash/Traveler's cheques note though you have to report to Customs that you are carrying over 10K. There is no tax or anything, but it has to be reported. Me, I would only carry a little cash and have a recent bank statement to show as proof of funds. Much safer and easier.