+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof of english language

cp008

Mar 18, 2009
I have a question concerning the proof of English. I have a bachelor from a Canadian university. Will this be enough with a written letter to proof my fluency in English. Or should I take the proof of language exam any ways..
Thanks..

Tarry

Star Member
Sep 22, 2008
So far as you are able to convince the officer that you have a good knowledge of the language, that's OK. If you are from an English speaking country or your national language is English, you can write a letter explaining that. The down side is, you have to rely on the officers will. So imagine what the result would be should the officer have a bad day just like any of us. What I personally recommend is to take the test, then you will know exactly how many points you will get for English. Even though I come from an English speaking country, I took the test just to avoid the hassle of having to write a letter to demonstrate my proficiency.

Nuff respect!!

AndreaSA

Feb 3, 2009
Their application now actually encourage to take the test. Pretty much they say : "if english is you first language, any document proving it is good if not PLEASE take the test"
if english is not your first language and you dont take the test, GOOD LUCK..... just take it , ITS SUPER EASY but expensive

cp008

Mar 18, 2009
I did ended up sending just a letter to proof my English level and they returned my paper, requesting to further proof of English. They told me to explain to them how I first learn the language. So I sent them proof of the first English courses I took. They accepted that. Its good to mention that I did my BA degree here in Canada and have been in a English immersion school since 1st grade.
Good Luck to all :)