App. Filed.......
14-11-2018
AOR Received.
14-11-2018
Interview........
2019-10-21
LANDED..........
2019-10-21
Apart from a letter from your employer, I have read that T4s are not mandatory to submit. If you do not submit any supporting documentation for your Canadian work experience, what will happen?

Will they request more information if needed, or will it outright get rejected?

Metalhead_666

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Apart from a letter from your employer, I have read that T4s are not mandatory to submit. If you do not submit any supporting documentation for your Canadian work experience, what will happen?

They would not reject your application outright. However make sure that the letter from the employer contains all the information as outlined by the CIC i.e. Duties and responsibilities (matching the NOC code), hours worked, wages etc. I recently had a colleague who got approved by submitting just the employment letter. In case you don't see any progress in your application for a while, order GCMS notes to see why the application is stuck or contact your local MP (assuming that you are based in Canada). Cheers!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011

Read the proof of work experience section. IRCC requests those documents.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

They cannot legally make it mandatory because of privacy legislation. But providing those documents makes it easier for the VO to say yes. Not providing them... makes one wonder, what are you hiding? The choice is yours, but to me it seems an easy decision to include them.

VOs are permitted to make decisions based on the information you submit. You are, after all, required to submit a complete application. If they have specific concerns about, for example, discrepancies that suggest misrepresentation, they may contact you with a procedural fairness letter (giving you the chance to respond to concerns). But this of course will add to your processing time, and increases the chance of being refused.