+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Project Manager/Remote Jobs

boatyyo

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Is there any field which has more remote work type jobs in Canada?
How helpful is a PMP certification for project manager roles in Canada?

email.6633

Star Member
Dec 17, 2016
For remote jobs, u have to be an individual contributor with good skill set (expert level in some tools or processes).
PM cannot be a remote role.
PMP certification is valued in canada.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Is there any field which has more remote work type jobs in Canada?
How helpful is a PMP certification for project manager roles in Canada?
I work as a Project Manager, although PMP is useful you also need to have previous work experience as a PM and also have a strong technology background (if you are thinking of becoming an IT PM/ or strong business background for Business PM roles..etc)

A combination of education/skills + certification + experience is probably the right mix.

I work around 2 weeks in total remote every month (or better to say 1 week 2 days remote, the second week 3 days remote) managing projects both locally and cross border, it depends largely on the company and how it operates, but i do not know of PM roles that are 100% remote, they probably exist but not the norm i would say.

Last edited:

Yesh Sondhi

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
I work as a Project Manager, although PMP is useful you also need to have previous work experience as a PM and also have a strong technology background (if you are thinking of becoming an IT PM/ or strong business background for Business PM roles..etc)

A combination of education/skills + certification + experience is probably the right mix.

I work around 2 weeks in total remote every month (or better to say 1 week 2 days remote, the second week 3 days remote) managing projects both locally and cross border, it depends largely on the company and how it operates, but i do not know of PM roles that are 100% remote, they probably exist but not the norm i would say.
Hi there. I am a PM based in the US and moving to Toronto area soon. Can you help me understand how the job market works in Canada?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi there. I am a PM based in the US and moving to Toronto area soon. Can you help me understand how the job market works in Canada?
Hi there, Toronto is a good choice - there are many PM opportunities available. I would recommend you start building your "Canadian Professional Network" on linkedin, connect with recruiters, identify target companies and try to connect with people working in those companies - so as to get additional insights on what they are looking for.
US work experience is well respected in Canada, what you may lack as a newcomer - is only a local network of connections that can help you land your first job (that should be your focus area).