+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Project Management scope from Centiniell College, Toronto

kksir

Aug 24, 2013
I am seeking admission in 1 year PROJECT MANAGEMENT GRADUATE CERTIFICATE program from CENTINIELL COLLEGE,TORONTO.Whats the prospect? Work Visa duration? Course credit score while applying PR?
Or should i look for a two year program?

I am an Indian citizen and have 8 years of experience in IT service management.

Thanks
Kay Kay

xenoboy

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have mixed feelings about the program at Centennial College

A lot of professor are terrible (most of them)

But the few ones that are good they are REALLY GOOD

The disadvantage with Project Management is that you will get a one year work permit only (it might not be enough time to find a nice job, extend your work permit and so on)

That is why I have decided to take a two years program after I finished Project Management

The program has a Co-op option (work placement) but I didn't do it because they didn't have connections with any kind of construction companies (maybe if you are lucky enough they will have construction related placements this time)

The program is tough and useful, but If i were you I would try to find a two years program so that way I can ensure I can get a two years after graduation work permit

If you can't afford or find a two years program, then Project Management is a good choice (and an excellent complement to your current degree)

kksir

Aug 24, 2013
Thanks for giving me the insight of the course.
So you opted for a two year course after completing 1 year PM from centennial. It makes total 3 years of studies. Did you get the work Visa extension?
You have completed PM, please tell me the real picture in terms of jobs in market and acceptability, scope etc of this course.

I do not have 2 years of time to study, I am looking for a course which can upgrade my current skill set. Can you suggest me some more courses or colleges.
Thanks in advance.

ankush440

Jun 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3 April 3013
AOR Received.
23 April 2013
File Transfer...
23 April 2013
Passport Req..
11 May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Fingers Crossed
LANDED..........
Hope B4 October 31
kk,

I have actually completed my Project Management course from Centennial and I must say the course really was a mixed bag for me. To get to the brighter side I got a job as a Project estimator as soon as I completed my course in Ottawa not in Toronto ( the simple reason being that GTA is almost at its saturation point and finding a position outside GTA was an easier option.
With regards to the course there are an excellent bath of professors handling the subjects .Farhad Moyeri Especially comes to mind instantly. He is one prof you can visit anytime and would absolutrly try his best to help you out. On the Contarary ISAAC SETHIAN or someting like that is just a looser of a professor. He kinda stopped a subject of mine citing not liking my ATTITUDE.....well I just dint know what to say.. JUst be really careful of him as he know to be a little aggressive towards the INDians and act a little Wierd at times.
As the previous member had posted the course would only get you a years open Work permit IF you can make it in that well and good or else u just have to go to manitoba , sasketwann as all (or about 95%) of my friends did to apply for PNP.

Hope this helps

Engr. Usman

Dec 6, 2015
You have enrolled in Project management. What is your previous education. I mean do you have engineering or technical study background?

ravz07

Dec 22, 2015
hi
im a btech CSE. are there colleges/universities offering 2 years PGdip in project management? which college/university would you recommend for the same? which courses offer better job opportunities?

-ravz07

lorerodri

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, plesse can you share with me if you finish your pmp program?, i just want to know if after finishing this kind of program you can apply for a particular immigration stream.

Thank you

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
lorerodri said:
Hi, plesse can you share with me if you finish your pmp program?, i just want to know if after finishing this kind of program you can apply for a particular immigration stream.

Thank you
Unlikely a 12 months project management course on its own will do anything much to help with any imigration stream, you need Canadian Experience as well

stlucy3

Nov 2, 2016
Hi Ankush,

I am planning to do the 1yr fulltime Project Management from centennial college canada.

had a few queries about the course, please help.

1) What the job prospects for a project manager in canada. I am currently working as a PM for IT infra project in India and also certified in PMP.
2) Do we still get 1 year time to search for a job in canada after completion of the program and is this time enough to search a job in canada as a Project manager.
3) Will my experience of India be counted in Canada.
4) Also what are your experiences about canada job market in project management role.
5) Any other project management program that you can suggest me.

Thanks a Lot :)

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
stlucy3 said:
Hi Ankush,

I am planning to do the 1yr fulltime Project Management from centennial college canada.

had a few queries about the course, please help.

1) What the job prospects for a project manager in canada. I am currently working as a PM for IT infra project in India and also certified in PMP.
2) Do we still get 1 year time to search for a job in canada after completion of the program and is this time enough to search a job in canada as a Project manager.
3) Will my experience of India be counted in Canada.
4) Also what are your experiences about canada job market in project management role.
5) Any other project management program that you can suggest me.

Thanks a Lot :)
Just to clarify that you are already a certified (PMP ) project manager so maybe the first hurdle might be persuading the visa officer that doing a PM course in Canada will add
anything to an already certified PM. Maybe seek alternative subjects that embellish your PMP cerification and not a course that might not demonstrate to a visa officer any progression and is in effect generally a course that students use to become PMP certified as the next step.

Also to clarify once completing any course in Canada as an international student you still of course have to apply separately for a post graduate work permit as that does not come automatically. As for enough time and others can comment that if you find a suitable 2 year course that is a better option given it opens up the possibility of a 3 year post grad work permit. Unfortunately this would probably rule out a PM course as they are generally only 12 month courses but some course such as Global Business management at Humber are 2 year courses with a PM element.

Vinayak@12

Dec 18, 2018
Hello Sir,
I am a civil engineer. I did my civil engineering from Bangalore, India. And i want to pursue a 1 year diploma course of construction management from Canada. I have few doubts regarding it. Like what will be the job scenarios after the course and how is the construction job market in Canada? How much time i will get after the programme to find a job and what happens if unable to find a job during that period. Is it worth to do 1 year diploma course in construction management from Canada after the B.E in civil engineering from India? How can i apply for PR in Canada.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I would say it's not worth doing any 1 year course, unless you are doing another 1 year course right after it. The reason for this is because you will only be eligible for a 1 year PGWP and unless you get a job right away, you will gain less than a years work experience in Canada.

Vinayak@12

Dec 18, 2018
Ok sir thanks for your suggestion. So, what will be most favourable for me? My aim is to do construction Management course and after that either work in Canada for 2-3 years or get a PR and settle there.

Vinayak@12

Dec 18, 2018
Thanks for your suggestions sir. Also i would like to know that what will be the best scenario for me. My aim is to do either Construction Management course from Canada and work for 2-3 years or to get a PR and work. Also what is the status of job market in construction sector there.
Thanks