+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Processing times for Verification of Status form

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Hello all,
I misplaced the COPR for my son, and now need it to renew his OCI card, since he now has a new passport. Checking the CIC website, I was aghast to find out that the processing time was 6 months!

Is there any way that the processing of the application could be expedited? He does not fall into the example category of his benefits/pension about to be stopped, and cannot therefore, produce a letter from a Govt agency proving the urgency ( as stated on the CIC website). However, there is an important family event that he has been booked for to travel to India in December.

Any advice is helpful.

Regards
Peegee

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello all,
I misplaced the COPR for my son, and now need it to renew his OCI card, since he now has a new passport. Checking the CIC website, I was aghast to find out that the processing time was 6 months!

Is there any way that the processing of the application could be expedited? He does not fall into the example category of his benefits/pension about to be stopped, and cannot therefore, produce a letter from a Govt agency proving the urgency ( as stated on the CIC website). However, there is an important family event that he has been booked for to travel to India in December.

Any advice is helpful.

Regards
Peegee
As you've said yourself, he doesn't meet the urgent requirements, so all you can do is apply and wait.

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Thanks Canuck... is the COPR mandatory for re-entry into Canada? Even for a minor? Could we show evidence that we have applied for it but it has not been issued yet on the day of return? Please advise. Thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks Canuck... is the COPR mandatory for re-entry into Canada? Even for a minor? Could we show evidence that we have applied for it but it has not been issued yet on the day of return? Please advise. Thanks.
The COPR has nothing to do with entry. He needs a PR card or PRTD to board a plane to Canada.

peegee100

Star Member
Oct 10, 2016
Thanks, That's what I thought, but was checking.. so, he should be fine... thanks, again.. for a lightning fast reply!!

Pawanjot62

Dec 13, 2019
Hi
I know this is an old post but it's related to my issue. I have recently got COPR and I want to get my name last name corrected on it. Cic website says if it is an urgency ( in my case sin no., I do not have pr card yet) process can be expedited. How long they can take for urgent applications?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi
I know this is an old post but it's related to my issue. I have recently got COPR and I want to get my name last name corrected on it. Cic website says if it is an urgency ( in my case sin no., I do not have pr card yet) process can be expedited. How long they can take for urgent applications?
It's going to be very difficult for anyone to answer this question since all processing times are currently delayed due to COVID-19.

Pawanjot62

Dec 13, 2019
It's going to be very difficult for anyone to answer this question since all processing times are currently delayed due to COVID-19.
Thanks for fast reply!
I am in a very bad situation, my COPR has my name twice ( no last name so first name repeated) even though my AOR has it correct. I am afraid that it will be printed like that on my PR card as well. Is that an issue while travelling?